The Grass Is Always Greener

Discussion in 'RLC' started by GingerByName, May 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

This is my first post so bear with me if I have missed anything.

Recently I have been having the "Grass is greener" feeling and I have been looking to ditch the day job (A relatively safe but uncertain carrea as a Prison Officer) and apply to join the RLC as a strait up, bog standard, run of the mill Driver.

A few things to point out, I did 26 weeks of commando training at lympsvitchz before dropping out at 17 so would I be classed as a Re-Join and forfeit opt out rights even if I am joining a different service and how dose if anyone can tell me from experience the training differ in the army to what it did down there?

I will be speaking to the AFRO tomorrow with some more in depth questions but what I am mainly trying to find out is, would it be worth sacrificing a full time career in this uncertain world to join up again?

Leave your flame suits at home please, I am in need of constructive advice.

Many thanks.
    GBN

2. Can't really compare Royals against RLC as I have never served with them, but I imagine that you will find the PT a touch easier! Why do you want to be a driver?

3. Gingerditch the day job (A relatively safe but uncertain carrea as a Prison Officer) and apply to join the RLC as a strait up, bog standard, run of the mill Driver.

That must be the WORST threat assessment I have ever read. You are swapping safe but uncertain for potentially very dangerous and very uncertain. Of all the trades to choose, Driver must be the one most at threat at present.