The goverment should stop making policies around the MOD

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cowen1966, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Brown

2. Cameron

3. Clegg

0 vote(s)
  4. Griffin

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why are the goverment allowed to use the MOD as a Political standing for their parties popularity standings?

Should there be forces in germany?

Should we pull out of Afgahnistan?

Photos of them looking sad over graves and memorials.

All this and more is being use to sway public opinion this is clearly wrong and should be stopped, it is immoral and disgusting!!
  2. What publication do you work for?
  3. You forgot to add "None of the above" :)
  4. Why is the no "None of the above" option?

Why would you live in Southampton? Are you in a cell?
  5. The Political class should be completely removed from having in any way a direct contribution or influence over the Forces, unless invited to do so.

The MOD needs to be 100% politically independent and put the State of the Realm foremost ( which needs a bloody good shakeup before this happened ) should on pure military advice size,equip,train and organise the Forces based on the needs of the country and any particular treatys ( Nato )

The Politicians should then be informned that " this is what we got and this is what we are scaled for ".......and in no uncertain terms told that if they continue getting rowdy alles uber de platz...then they need to sit down and have a long discussion how they are going to reinforce the Forces before said event takes place.

In peacetime....again Politicians should have bugger all to do with the Forces.The Military are to Defend Britain and its interests and not those of whatever cheating,dishonest,selfserving bunch of idiots managed to fix the vote for their particular four years in power at the time.
  6. No not part of a cell nor do i work for a publication Southampton is merly where i was born no relation to my unit.

I totally agree that the politics of the country should have nothing to do with the Mod much in the same way that religion should have nothing to do with the MOD.

This is a really interesting subject and its good to get the views of others in order to form a non bias opinion.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

'None of the above' and 'Her Majesty' and you'll get a vote from me, journo.
  8. Spot on.
  9. Crap question