The good Reverend

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by jim4244, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any of you folks know what ever became of The Reverend Mortimer, Mortimer, Mortimer, digestive biscuit, I love my Kawasaki 250……etc etc etc????

I met this strange man years ago whilst undertaking some training with the Army, when serving in the Royal Marines.

Just wanted to know if he is still with us?

:cyclopsani:

2. I'd forgotten about this guy, worked with him in NI more years ago than I care to remember. What a "character".

3. Ahhhhh...thats where we met!

He came up in conversation over the weekend. Just wanted to know if he was still alive! lol

4. Last I heard of him was a WO1 with 6 Coy, but that was like so many years ago man..

Ok it was around erm...gosh that was a long time ago...

5. Found this montage of 6 Coy, can't see why you're embarrassed about how long ago it was... oh hang on.

Attached Files:

6. good man yerself! ok so it was prob around 2001....

7. Last seen wearing three pips and going strong...

8. I was in Basic with him back in the days of Squad 77. He got pi$$ed off with officers asking if his middle name really was "Mortimer"...

The rest, as they say, is history, but involved a visit to the registrar, some Deed Poll documents and a very dodgy wedding at sea (to his motorbike).

He's alive and well, according to the MOD Intranet...

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

He was the photo instructor at NIPG when I was there. A quality guy and top!
    Oh dear it was 1986!

10. .......Then there was the incident when he was arrested by CivPol, caught breaking into a church to try to "obtain" a Marriage Licence...........ahhhhhh you Int boys (and girls)....you sure know how to enjoy yourselves!

Anyone in a position to get a message to him?

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ginge E^@ns got on really well with him during our course. I suspect he put up with us as we had lots of bikers in a platoon of 40 there must have been 15 bikers if not more. The drinks sessions when he would explain some of his interesting escapades were entertaining!

12. I turn up with a 4 man team (all Booties) and am introduced to Morts. We all shake hands and the first thing out of his mouth is "Any of you boys bikers?"

I had a young Marine in the team (RO) who replies "Yeah....I am"

Morts - "What bike you got mate?"

Piece of skin - "A Suzuki 125" he replies all proud with smiles.

Morts - "I asked if any of you were bikers.........not *******!"

This was my first introduction to the Int Corps, and I have held you in very high regard ever since. LOL

13. Another Morts classic - "Us Green Berets have got to stick together!"

14. I can vouch for that Howayman. Spoke to him only a few weeks ago!

15. And here he is:

[​IMG]