The good news thread

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Look I’m a bloke, I had to make a decision, don’t spoil it, I sourced some flour and I returned home with flour. ^_^

No soap or hand wash but we should be ok for another two weeks on that front, which is good news, I suppose.
I was reading that dilute listerine makes s good substitute for hand sanitizer.

I happen to have 50lbs of bread flour. I normally buy it like that from Costco, and had bought a bag a couple months ago. Just finished the last of the previous bag. Only to find that I have only enough yeast for a couple more loaves, and can’t find it anywhere in the local shops.

Amazon was just as bereft of yeast, so I ended up ordering a 2lb bag for delivery on April 11. Could probably eke out what I have until then. Yesterday I got an email saying it’s brought forward to April 6. This morning I got another email bringing it forward to this Sunday. Hurrah! That’s my good news :)

For the sake of my sanity can people please stop saying "so and so walt" whenever someone makes an obvious quote.

Thanks awfully. :thumright:

TPS reports walt!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Himself's old age pension has increased by about £25 per month.

That's good news.

Instead of paying £150 for trackIR for DCS I found an alternative way of doing headtracking which cost me £2 for the software and reuse of a used webcam :) Made me happy anyway

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
I happen to have 50lbs of bread flour. I normally buy it like that from Costco, and had bought a bag a couple months ago. Just finished the last of the previous bag. Only to find that I have only enough yeast for a couple more loaves, and can’t find it anywhere in the local shops.

Amazon was just as bereft of yeast, so I ended up ordering a 2lb bag for delivery on April 11. Could probably eke out what I have until then. Yesterday I got an email saying it’s brought forward to April 6. This morning I got another email bringing it forward to this Sunday. Hurrah! That’s my good news :)
In extremis, you could use wild yeast present everywhere. Along the lines of sourdough.

gorillaguts981

War Hero
The way I heard to make a sourdough starter is mix equal volumes of rye flour and water and leave in a warm place. An old wives tale which may or may not work is mix flour and water in a dish and leave overnight in a cow shed to get infected with wild yeasts. Yeasts are everywhere. Go check your fruit bowl.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Instead of paying £150 for trackIR for DCS I found an alternative way of doing headtracking which cost me £2 for the software and reuse of a used webcam :) Made me happy anyway
I am sure it means something to someone!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
For the last time, it’s not the old age pension. It’s the State Pension!

Mine’s going up too.
In his case, it's the old age pension. It's getting us into early shopping at Sainsbugs tomorrow morning!!!!

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Good news - tidying out the Casa Smeg mancave, found at least ten 1/35 scale models I'd forgotten about!
Bad news - the leader of the opposition (aka Mrs Smeg) wasn't aware I'd bought them and gave me serious earache, especially when she found the receipt for one of them. I fear cold shoulder is on the menu for dinner.

Latest Threads