The good news thread

The neighbours are looking fat and juicy, so my reserve protein supply remains in good shape.

Picking up ten litres of peanut butter ice cream from Royal Danish later today for the furmonsters' treats.

Peanut butter ice cream! And I thought you were a man of taste. Do you like Marmite too?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I really don’t want to do TP’s estate out of its dues but I’m bankrupt and my little one has finally discovered reading in English... I’ll take anything you have, thank you!!! (I’ve got Hat Full of Sky and I Shall Wear Midnight.). Particularly the children’s books...
Couldn't get Alien Minor 2 off dinosaur books and Sonic the Comic. Got him the Truckers, Diggers and Wings trilogy (Pratchett for kids). Sorted.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Last year a good friend gave me a diary, which I've tried to use each day to record anything positive that happened, however small.

Anyone got anything that made them smile, caused a larf, or caused them to be grateful today?

I'll kick off with this - just passed my first OU assignment. :)
Congratulations and
'Always look on the bright side of life'.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For the Good News thread here is a choon which is from 1965 and is a satirical dig at the media only printing bad news

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Is a thinning out such a bad thing?
The Plague strengthened the Europeans, not that they liked it much at the time.
Greta and her chums wouldn't admit that it's overpopulation that's the cause of man made global fuckwittery. This is God's/nature's way of teaching them a lesson.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheese stuffed potatoes with the taters, add bacon to flavour if you have it, and mix in Colemans mustard to the mashed taters you put in for effect

Leeks can be used in curries, well our demented local one does, because they think they're an Indian takeaway in Wales and everything should have leek in it the weirdos

Spinach makes normal salads bearable, add chillies and you're good to go

Roast the parsnips like it's xmas, job jobbed, add honey for effect

Pineapple, go 80's and add to gammon

Milk just drink the stuff

the one thing we don't have, is cheese! Mrs Phantom is going out today and will see if there is any

I'm also out of fresh chilli. This lockdown is hell I tell you.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I really don’t want to do TP’s estate out of its dues but I’m bankrupt and my little one has finally discovered reading in English... I’ll take anything you have, thank you!!! (I’ve got Hat Full of Sky and I Shall Wear Midnight.). Particularly the children’s books...
Try the ones about the little people living in a department store. Dorcas Delicatessen is a character name I remember.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Try the ones about the little people living in a department store. Dorcas Delicatessen is a character name I remember.
Edited to add, mentioned above by AlienFTM.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I told I could only have 3 bottles of beer at the local supermarket which was fair enough but the kid at the till pointed out if I got anouther 3 made ny a different firm that would be ok. 3 Heineken and 3 BIrra Moretti and I'm going to get pissed.
Or as I asked while showing the flag.
3 x red
3 x white
3 x Rose
3 x 24 packs of insert tinned beer name here.

Hmm methinks you're going to have an awful lot of bottled ale on the shelves.

I hope you had the decency to take no more than 2 leaves per plant.
We're doing swapsies in the village, already got one arranged wild garlic for lamb broth

That's one less dinner to cook

Particularly good at the moment.
There is a hazel wood near me which is 'wall to wall' ransomes this time of year.

A couple of days ago I foraged through, on the way back from digging cockles on the beach.

Just add, red chilli, white wine and spaghetti.
Dream meal....

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I am charging my inconsiderate neighbours 50 quid a week to have the scaffolding on my drive way as it stops me using my side entrance and garage for work
the scaffolders and the builders had a bust up yesterday
I can see this running for another 6 months
I will enjoy taking the money off them!!

the one thing we don't have, is cheese! Mrs Phantom is going out today and will see if there is any

I'm also out of fresh chilli. This lockdown is hell I tell you.
Ahh.
I have loads of chilli's frozen in my freezer. Plenty of cheese and crackers.
Got some Manis Sambal in the fridge as well.

Loads of meat in the freezer.
Got 9 bog rolls left.
Sun is out Speedos on and sunbathing in the front garden.