The good news thread

I’m spending the days slowly giving the Triumph a real RSMs inspection clean up.
Giving a few of the bikes parts a respray, mainly the bits that are getting a bit of rust appearing.

Is a thinning out such a bad thing?
The Plague strengthened the Europeans, not that they liked it much at the time.
Dominic Cummings Walt

Chef

LE
A lot of people have trouble understanding why many of the parts of the diary are written with a Biro.
Patented in France before the war so theoretically possible.

endure

GCM
5 months? Where are we getting bananas from these days?

The consumption of bananas isn't confined to the UK ;-)

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t think Anne Frank’s Diary got that far you thick twat.
Didn't Anne Frank host an early episode of 'cash in the attic'? or am I getting confused with 'allo 'allo...

I got a delivery of free food

a sack of potatoes, one of leeks, 3 bags of spinach, parsnips, bananas, a pineapple, milk and so much more I dunno what to do with it all

I'm already sick of banana bread

all from a private school a friend works at, staff were asked to take food away that was going to go off while they are closed and make sure it doesn't get wasted
So far as free food is concerned, today has been pretty epic.

First, we get a big pile of sandwiches from Boots, which was nice.

A bit later I find out that with virtually no visitors allowed, two of the coffee vending machines have been made free.

For a vending machine, it did a decent mocha.

And to round it off, I walk into the staff room in the afternoon to find the table covered in a multitude of bags of crisps and pretzels.

Provided by M&S, apparently.

Unremarkable

War Hero
Leeks can be used in curries, well our demented local one does, because they think they're an Indian takeaway in Wales and everything should have leek in it the weirdos
Native Oriental onions are more like leeks than the (Middle Eastern) bulb onion.
Baby ones would be best, but I must admit to having never tried them. I generally favour large spring onions from Egypt.

So far as free food is concerned, today has been pretty epic.

First, we get a big pile of sandwiches from Boots, which was nice.

A bit later I find out that with virtually no visitors allowed, two of the coffee vending machines have been made free.

For a vending machine, it did a decent mocha.

And to round it off, I walk into the staff room in the afternoon to find the table covered in a multitude of bags of crisps and pretzels.

Provided by M&S, apparently.
You live in a homeless hostel?

Latest Threads