The good news thread

First BBQ of the year. Homemade beef burgers with a very distinct touch of chilli and a lot of beer and wine.
Apparently, sales of booze have gone through the roof since lockdown. Rather strangely, my intake has reduced radically - almost entirely (probably no bad thing).

I think that it is probably because I like pubs.

Apparently, sales of booze have gone through the roof since lockdown. Rather strangely, my intake has reduced radically - almost entirely (probably no bad thing).

I think that it is probably because I like pubs.

I'm away from home three to 5 nights a week (unless I'm teaching from the Southampton office) as the company is paying for my meals most of the time of course I may have a beer.

I've had very little during the lockdown although mrsphantom did buy me a bottle of port yesterday

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Cant go camping so last night we sparked up the fire pit and got pissed in the garden.
We were due to go camping in ten days time, i'm seriously considering putting the tent up in the garden and living in it for a couple of nights - if nothing else, all the kit will get an airing....

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
First BBQ of the year. Homemade beef burgers with a very distinct touch of chilli and a lot of beer and wine.
I out pink peppercorns in the ones I made last night. Tasty with a little crunch. Lovely.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
We were due to go camping in ten days time, i'm seriously considering putting the tent up in the garden and living in it for a couple of nights - if nothing else, all the kit will get an airing....
Good idea. My friend is camping in her Somerset garden this Easter as she should be motorcycling through Europe. The bikes are out, the tents are up. It looks lovely there.

The good news is that our convoy of 2 families in 3 cars avoided the Dibble's VCPs on route from our disease plagued inner city main houses to the holiday home in Cornwall.

We had to take an extended, circuitous route through the back lanes, but we made good time by keeping it above 70mph through all the pretty villages.
Good job the kids were all indoors, as we may have had to slow for them.

Now we're here, the fridge freezer is rammed with all the good stuff these local yokels never stock in their shops, but they must be mental going to the supermarket and risking our health, when all we want is to buy some more beer.

The prosecco is on chill and we've had a good mooch around, beach is lovely and empty for us to enjoy by ourselves, without the hassle of people tut tutting at the dogs curling one out in the sand.

At least if we do get ill, there'll be a shorter wait at the Doc's than it is back in town.

The good news is that our convoy of 2 families in 3 cars avoided the Dibble's VCPs on route from our disease plagued inner city main houses to the holiday home in Cornwall.

We had to take an extended, circuitous route through the back lanes, but we made good time by keeping it above 70mph through all the pretty villages.
Good job the kids were all indoors, as we may have had to slow for them.

Now we're here, the fridge freezer is rammed with all the good stuff these local yokels never stock in their shops, but they must be mental going to the supermarket and risking our health, when all we want is to buy some more beer.

The prosecco is on chill and we've had a good mooch around, beach is lovely and empty for us to enjoy by ourselves, without the hassle of people tut tutting at the dogs curling one out in the sand.

At least if we do get ill, there'll be a shorter wait at the Doc's than it is back in town.
Brilliant bit of sarcasm and highly funny assuming you are actually at home of course

Good idea. My friend is camping in her Somerset garden this Easter as she should be motorcycling through Europe. The bikes are out, the tents are up. It looks lovely there.
A lot of outdoors group are encouraging people to camp at home for Easter so I'm gonna set my tent up and have a few days away from SWMBO in the front garden :)

Latest Threads