The good news thread

Very rare in the UK, a colony on the isle of Wight, Brownsea island. Northumberland, and the lake district, and grey free on Anglesey.
Not in my part of the world. No greys up here, but they are spreading slowly. Bloody immigrants!

It is quite possible that humans are still aiding and abetting the spread of the grey squirrel - sometimes inadvertently. For example, one squirrel captured on the Isle of Skye (in 2010) had come from Glasgow (as revealed by its genetic profile); it had stowed away under a car bonnet and escaped on Skye. It is important that we are aware of how 'easy' it is for these animals to travel with us - their introduction to areas where the red squirrel is still established could be disastrous.

Hey, that's a thought! Come and live in Newport! You'd absolutely love it there!
I spent two months at Newport, the company I worked for were engaged in delivering a Gas pipe line sections from the docks.
Newport docks are as bad as Liverpool docks, the whole place is a dump.!!!
No Offence..

I spent two months at Newport, the company I worked for were engaged in delivering a Gas pipe line sections from the docks.
No Offence..
You have barely even scratched the surface of that beautiful city, my son. Live there for longer. Discover its treasures and enjoy its bounty.

I've got a phone interview on Friday about a job I applied for yesterday. This could be great news.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I got a Tesco delivery last night, 24 bog rolls, Andrex to boot! happy days! :dance: :boogie:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Thank the dear Lord. A year's grace from this over-hyped extravaganza of mediocrity.

BBC Radio will be at an utter loss, though, as they go into complete Edinburgh Festival autopilot during August.
Likewise the Glastonbury orgasm where every flipping programme has to have a Glasto connection.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I won £2.40 on last nights Euro millions.

I am at a loss what I am going to spend it all on. It won't change me though.

Last edited:
If it's for undertaker's assistant, the job's as good as yours.

I did run a temporary morgue for a while. Thankfully we didn't have many customers

No Offence..
Almost as bad as Pembroke Docks. And what a welcome my team got there. :rolleyes:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads