The good news thread

Don't forget Shirley Eaton, (NAAFI) the bond girl covered in gold paint, and the wonderful Norman Rossington, A good solid actor, The chirpy working class bloke, the mainstay of many of the films of the period.. The 50's and 60's were the hey day of good family films, The Ealing comedy's were the pinnacle of Britain's film industry, made when the nation most needed to laugh at its self, to lift its post war spirits. Love them all!
Two words, Siggy: St Trinians.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Today is the last day Jeremy Corbyn will grace the opposition front bench.

Good news for anyone.

Although 'grace' may be a poor choice of word. ;-)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Good news for anyone.

Not according to Jezza who seems to be expecting a senior role following the installation of the new leader. If Wrong Daily gets the job (fix) then there is a chance of that happening, for a while; if Keir or Lisa get the job he is going to the backest of back benches along with McDonnell, Abbott and any of Corbyn's Cabinet.

Apparently the only safe one is Jon 'Boring' Ashworth, no idea why!

Two words, Siggy: St Trinians.

No question, the best, her indoors bought me the box set, The court scene, watch the expression of the 5 year old as she annoys the be-wigged court official, magic. The De-buss scene, when the girls arrive at the school, after the holidays, total mayhem. Alistair Sim refused a knighthood, as he was never comfortable with being famous.

George Cole as Flash harry, mirrored the spivs of the time, and the black market street corner dealers. He was taken in by Alister sim, and mentored, sim became his guardian. All the cast, consummate actors and actresses, and those girls, one being Babs Windsor, a then un-known. They were the real stars, totally professional, never equalled.

Good news today:

We are not in India.

Wait, that’s good news every day.

Good news for anyone.

Infest might be more appropriate, along with most of his shadow cabinet.

Chef

LE
There are still Quavers, Haribo and root beer on the shelves and the clocks going forward this weekend mean we're an hour closer to the end.:)

I thank God every morning that I'm Welsh.
If SHE existed, which SHE doesn't, I'm sure the rest of us would thank HER that you're not English.

So it all sort of balances out, dunnit?

If SHE existed, which SHE doesn't, I'm sure the rest of us would thank HER that you're not English.

So it all sort of balances out, dunnit?
HE exists, and HE created me Welsh. It's God's own country, Wales is, as you can see from all the green hills, rivers and sheep. The whole of England is looking to us for inspiration. People flock from every nation to experience the high culture in Newport.

Sorry, I don't mean to make anyone outside this bountiful nation feel inadequate.

HE exists, and HE created me Welsh. It's God's own country, Wales is, as you can see from all the green hills, rivers and sheep. The whole of England is looking to us for inspiration. People flock from every nation to experience the high culture in Newport.

Sorry, I don't mean to make anyone outside this bountiful nation feel inadequate.
You didn't. Trust me on this. Not even a tiny bit.

You're Welsh? That explains an awful lot.

Yes. Yes, it does. Why am I so demented? cheerful? Why am I so witty, sassy and sexy? Why am I so refined and cultured?

All because I'm Welsh.
Edited to save screen pixels and for accuracy.

Latest Threads