The good news thread

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
On the theme of junk mail I got an email from Millets this morning. I have a favourite fleece I've had for so long I can't remember when I bought it that is getting a bit threadbare. Every time I've looked for a replacement everyone seems to put zips on fleeces these days.
Oh you mean the cheap plastic zips that break after about three times of wearing, rendering the whole thing fcuking useless?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
In other news, I've forced myself to crack on with my second OU assignment and am fairly confident of getting it completed over the next few days.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I got some paid work this week. A nice bit of transcription. Not easy money, but money and indoor work.

My neighbour is a cook. The restaurant he works for is of course closed because of COVID. He rang me this morning and told me he had something for me. He gave me a large pot of home made bolognese sauce and another one of vegetable soup. Just said he couldn't remain idle.
He's done it again; today it's couscous !

:)

Couscous.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully Weatherspoons and Ryanair will follow./QUOTE]

Also the 'bearded one' were it not for the mass unemployment it would cause. Recent public funds handed to the shareholders are given as - (using an non UK keyboard ) 2.2 million quid taken from NHS and other public funds by Richard Branson's Virgin Care when it demanded compensation for not being given an NHS contract.

2bn government bailout given to Virgin Rail when it waked away from East Coast Mainline contract 5 years early with a current 7.5bn bailout for air industry demanded by Virgin Atlantic to help deal with coronavirus.

Also the 'bearded one' were it not for the mass unemployment it would cause. Recent public funds handed to the shareholders are given as - (using an non UK keyboard ) 2.2 million quid taken from NHS and other public funds by Richard Branson's Virgin Care when it demanded compensation for not being given an NHS contract.

2bn government bailout given to Virgin Rail when it waked away from East Coast Mainline contract 5 years early with a current 7.5bn bailout for air industry demanded by Virgin Atlantic to help deal with coronavirus.
But who is moaning about misused taxes and who is sat in the sun on a private island being paid millions and millions of public money?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Watching 'Carry on Sergeant '. Black and white film about National Service.

Highly amusing with a very famous cast.
Smile, smile, smile.

He wanted the UK Gov (us) to pay for the damage to his private Island (we probably did), the non tax paying kn0b
Oh and he supported Remain, nothing to do with cheap labour

I got some paid work this week. A nice bit of transcription. Not easy money, but money and indoor work.
You could always go away somewhere, like the greenhouse

But who is moaning about misused taxes and who is sat in the sun on a private island being paid millions and millions of public money?
And suing the NHS

And suing the NHS
The man’s a cunt, I have nothing for him but he didn’t get to be a multi-millionaire business empire owner by caring about what we think, or being nice. I would think that this kind of thing, whilst done in his name, is instigated and processed by his people just doing their jobs... He probably finds out about it in the newspapers, I don’t believe he knows the ins and outs of all of his contracts.

Watching 'Carry on Sergeant '. Black and white film about National Service.

Highly amusing with a very famous cast.
Smile, smile, smile.

National service propaganda film, dressed up as a comedy. William Hartnell, Sgt Grimshaw served in the tank corps during the war. Filmed on a real barracks, using real soldiers, the cast between takes, were apt to wander about with fags lit, and hands in pockets, much to the annoyance of the senior NCO's, who lost the plot on many occasions, when they found out who they were shouting at. Filmed at Stoughton barracks, home of the Queens royal west surrey regiment. Wonderful stuff!

Yokel

LE
There are baby fish in the pond. I think they are young Goldfish, but they could be Koi. No pandemic worries for them.

The cats are also blissfully unaware of the current crisis. They have a healthy fear of getting wet. They seem think that their job is to make a fuss of me.

Last edited:
There are baby fish in the pond. I think they are young Goldfish, buy they could be Koi. No pandemic worries for them.

The cats are also blissfully unaware of the current crisis. They have a healthy fear of getting wet. They seem think that their job is to make a fuss of me.

Be afraid be very afraid, cats are cunning, devious and manipulative, smooching their food providers is their way of letting you know who's boss, I had one for many years. When I went in the mob, my mum took over, and when I was discharged, I went home to see mum, and the cat was all over me like a cheap suit, mum said" She happy to see you, and wants feeding"......Dogs have masters,... cats have staff!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
National service propaganda film, dressed up as a comedy. William Hartnell, Sgt Grimshaw served in the tank corps during the war. Filmed on a real barracks, using real soldiers, the cast between takes, were apt to wander about with fags lit, and hands in pockets, much to the annoyance of the senior NCO's, who lost the plot on many occasions, when they found out who they were shouting at. Filmed at Stoughton barracks, home of the Queens royal west surrey regiment. Wonderful stuff!
Highly entertaining for a short break from reality.

Hatty Jaques as you haven't seen her before, likewise Dora Bryan. Saucy!

Highly entertaining for a short break from reality.

Hatty Jaques as you haven't seen her before, likewise Dora Bryan. Saucy!
Don't forget Shirley Eaton, (NAAFI) the bond girl covered in gold paint, and the wonderful Norman Rossington, A good solid actor, The chirpy working class bloke, the mainstay of many of the films of the period.. The 50's and 60's were the hey day of good family films, The Ealing comedy's were the pinnacle of Britain's film industry, made when the nation most needed to laugh at its self, to lift its post war spirits. Love them all!

Last edited:

Latest Threads