The good news thread

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m sorry bob, for derailing your thread. You have the vector for where we live.
We have been wanting to move for ages and now have the chance to take our time. How middle class is that?
No worries, it was derailed as soon as some cnut started talking about squirrels. :-D

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
we are over in Bitterne - not heard a plane in days, mind you not that many go over our house normally
Depending on the wind direction, they regularly turn over our area. First flight out in the morning usually passes over while I'm still in bed. FlyBe going bust changed that. Beginning of the week I was seeing one per day. Last couple of days, nothing. Nothing at all.

And we live close to a junction on the M271, access road borders our estate. Usually bust all day and slowing down by three as the rush home starts. Our afternoon exercise walk crosses this road. Zero Alpha always presses the button at the Pelicon. Not this week.

Deece

Swinger
Blue Hylomar... now there’s a name I’ve not heard since the early 90s. Last time I used that stuff, was when I built a Triton.
Bloody good stuff, had a mate who was a registered RR mechanic, recommended it.
Seem to rember that it was RR stuff anyway (matbe another urban myth), we used to put the open new tube on the repair bench and hit with a hammer to hit passing tankies ...oh how to while away the wet Detmold days!!

I'm a mackem. I just finished up here when the army's merry go round stopped.
I did my degree in Southampton. Top Uni, by the way. Got no help from them, so took private housing down the road. Fareham.
I only go into Southampton now for one reason: the Bitter Virtue offie. Outstanding.
We went to Ocean Village a while back. Mrs R’s second job is mate on massive power boats, so she sees the place from the water. So we went by road.
What a dump.
Personally, a house in Alnwick would do me fine.

Depending on the wind direction, they regularly turn over our area. First flight out in the morning usually passes over while I'm still in bed. FlyBe going bust changed that. Beginning of the week I was seeing one per day. Last couple of days, nothing. Nothing at all.

And we live close to a junction on the M271, access road borders our estate. Usually bust all day and slowing down by three as the rush home starts. Our afternoon exercise walk crosses this road. Zero Alpha always presses the button at the Pelicon. Not this week.

it's just been on the news that Southampton only has two regular flights a day now

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
If it is any help, Bob, I clocked your post re: brimstones. Morning after: saw my first one! The true harbinger of spring.

Saw some long tailed tits today whilst enjoying my one walk (ahem...) with the dog. Pretty little birds, but couldn't watch them too long as I was getting paranoid and looking out for people coming past.

Ho hum, this too will pass...

We quite often have the Septics from Lakenheath playing silly buggers and practicing Dogfighting around our way. It has been a bit quiet of lately, but they were back this morning.
AKA 48th fighter wing, defending your freedom or some such?
I went clay shooting that way some time back with a mate.
I’m ok with a shotgun, but better with coax GPMG.

Saw some long tailed tits today whilst enjoying my one walk (ahem...) with the dog. Pretty little birds, but couldn't watch them too long as I was getting paranoid and looking out for people coming past.

Ho hum, this too will pass...
I worked for a while at Worthy Down, and it was beautiful as we had long-tailed tits outside our classrooms. Watching them build nests in a snow flurry would give Packham an orgasm.
Out the back of my house the woodpeckers are off : spotted and green.
My crazy old geezer neighbour is 90. Mrs R has had a few chats with him over the fence. He’s had to spray the allotment locks, but he’s getting his veg in.
Dunno who’s right and who’s wrong. Reckon I’ve had it, but it is nasty.
Take care everyone.
And Bob, you are right, all things must pass.

Latest Threads