The good news thread

JackSofty

War Hero
Whilst her Ladyship could easily work at the gallery (a short walk from home and nobody else is there) as of yesterday she has decided to stay at home and make dresses from the vast quantities of fabric that there are here.
The good news is?:
Our sh*t 4G service vastly improved, miraculously on the same day thus ensuring that I can enjoy the antics of various Korean and Vietnamese young ladies on MFC, Livejasmin etc. on the iphone from my bathroom and I have a large bottle of rum concealed beneath the bath. She even insists on regular G&T breaks! Normality is (almost) restored).

We have just received a phone call from No3 daughter enquiring on our health, and advising us to stay indoors and not mix, and etc etc..... this makes the 5th call today, only one more, and that will be all 6 kids phoning the old homestead worried about their parents. As they are spread out from Bristol, Portsmouth and Telford, all with there own familys, its nice to know that the family bonds are still there.

I don’t think Anne Frank’s Diary got that far you thick twat.
Anne Frank`s diary ended the day after her birthday apparently. Her last entry read:

"Oh, goody a trumpet for my birthday."

Without being fluffy, what social media should be about: impromptu online version of the pub choir. People from 18 countries coming together for a few minutes' distraction, singing socially.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What social media should be about: impromptu online version of the pub choir. People from 18 countries coming together for a few minutes' distraction.

I thought that said COUGH CHOIR! :)

Just for you - well it makes my toes tap......

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Today's paltry good news:

Had a right belly laugh with the other half.

And a good hour's practice on the piano with pieces I haven't touched for months, with a view to possibly making a video.

The ISS has just flown overhead - much to my kids' delight.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
A couple of nights back as I went to bed, I was surprised to see a (admittedly faint) star above the house opposite. Southampton's air is so sh¡t that normally on a clear night you can only see a handful of stars high in the sky.

At 8pm yesterday Zero Alpha dragged me out to look at the sheeple*. I was astonished at how many stars were visible.
_____
* Alien Minor 2 is on the essential list. Prompted by the ITV programme that finished just before 8, I'd stopped briefly and given them all, especially him, a thought. It's nice that he's stepping up for his work and also jumping the Sainsbury queue, then giving me three rings to drive up and collect our essential shopping. I'm from a generation that doesn't need to clap like a demented seal to show respect for people stepping up to the mark.

I looked out of my windows, front and back at 8pm yesterday, not a soul to be seen so I went back to watching the second part of Emmerdale. Fcking rock and roll.

Today's paltry good news:

Had a right belly laugh with the other half.

And a good hour's practice on the piano with pieces I haven't touched for months, with a view to possibly making a video.
What not do your take on Fascinating Aida and their popular ditty "Dogging" and post it up here

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Good news all homeless are now off the streets in hotels in England.
Bad news tonight they are doing the pre slimming world champion Bobby Sands.
Bad news they will be evicted.
Good news if on the street they will be arrested.
So my best mate says

Anne Frank`s diary ended the day after her birthday apparently. Her last entry read:

"Oh, goody a trumpet for my birthday."
This had me thinking. A band called Epileptic Firing Squad once did a song called “Anne Franks’ Drumkit”. Had it on tape, long gone.
@WolvoExPunk , you have an ear for the esoteric, ever heard of them? A quick YouTube search shows nothing

I looked out of my windows, front and back at 8pm yesterday, not a soul to be seen so I went back to watching the second part of Emmerdale. Fcking rock and roll.
Second part of Emmerdale? That needs a second dose of.....I’m reliably informed that can be viewed another time on an internet device at the time of ones choosing.

wheel

LE
Neighbours daughter had to clear out all food from the sports training facility where she works as a physio. Cant fit any more stuff in our fridge freezer or cupboards. I would have given her a big hug but had to maintain social distancing.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I’m spending the days slowly giving the Triumph a real RSMs inspection clean up.
Giving a few of the bikes parts a respray, mainly the bits that are getting a bit of rust appearing.
Diesel to make it shine
REME used 180 quid for 200 ml bottles of silicon

A couple of nights back as I went to bed, I was surprised to see a (admittedly faint) star above the house opposite. Southampton's air is so sh¡t that normally on a clear night you can only see a handful of stars high in the sky.

At 8pm yesterday Zero Alpha dragged me out to look at the sheeple*. I was astonished at how many stars were visible.
_____
* Alien Minor 2 is on the essential list. Prompted by the ITV programme that finished just before 8, I'd stopped briefly and given them all, especially him, a thought. It's nice that he's stepping up for his work and also jumping the Sainsbury queue, then giving me three rings to drive up and collect our essential shopping. I'm from a generation that doesn't need to clap like a demented seal to show respect for people stepping up to the mark.
As you know, Alien, I live in the pireneum between Southampton and Portsmouth. The open sky view from my garden has always been astonishing, but the lack of air traffic is a boon.
Air pollution in south Hampshire is appalling, will this be an impetus to keep it that way?

Latest Threads