The good news thread

Saw a squirrel ripping one of the many bird feeders to shreds in our garden, and shot it, took it in the kitchen and dropped it in the sink, I called in the Doris and said" Cook this for my tea love" She completely freaked out. We live right next to the Essington and wryley rural canal, the buggers live in the tall trees that grow on the dead side of the water....... No sense of humour my old lady!
If you're stuck at home, one of these can provide hours of fun

Setup a targeting system, and start scoring squirrel hits against stuff in your neighbors yard

Last edited:
Alrighty, piss take time if you like but in the spirit of the thread title I’ll go for it…

Me and the missus married very young and managed 29 years before our divorce. Neither of us are quite sure why that happened, but perhaps we’d just been together too long and took each other for granted. Ten years apart without any contact and we suddenly got in touch at Christmas, and although it was quite emotional at times we picked up our conversation as if we hadn’t talked since only the day before.

Despite a huge, and I think understandable, initial amount of hesitation and nervousness we met again just over a month or so ago. My ex-wife is now in quite some ill health and so am I (we’re in our late 50s, but time hasn’t been kind to either of us). All it took was a hug.

With almost no discussion, and with none really necessary, she’s now staying with me in joint self-isolation (we can make longer term decisions after that). Given our health it’s a worrying time but we couldn’t be happier. We’re back together, just as we should be.

Anyway, pics or it never happened. Here ya go then, but at a few thousand feet over Bad Lippspringe. Nice bum, awful exit (fnarr), fine mane of ginger hair and my best boots ruined:

View attachment 460146

You had better do the deed in the bedroom asap or you risk having a housemate / mate living with you for the rest of your days. Bone her now to start things off the way you clearly want, a relationship

Last edited:
Alrighty, piss take time if you like but in the spirit of the thread title I’ll go for it…

Me and the missus married very young and managed 29 years before our divorce. Neither of us are quite sure why that happened, but perhaps we’d just been together too long and took each other for granted. Ten years apart without any contact and we suddenly got in touch at Christmas, and although it was quite emotional at times we picked up our conversation as if we hadn’t talked since only the day before.

Despite a huge, and I think understandable, initial amount of hesitation and nervousness we met again just over a month or so ago. My ex-wife is now in quite some ill health and so am I (we’re in our late 50s, but time hasn’t been kind to either of us). All it took was a hug.

With almost no discussion, and with none really necessary, she’s now staying with me in joint self-isolation (we can make longer term decisions after that). Given our health it’s a worrying time but we couldn’t be happier. We’re back together, just as we should be.

Anyway, pics or it never happened. Here ya go then, but at a few thousand feet over Bad Lippspringe. Nice bum, awful exit (fnarr), fine mane of ginger hair and my best boots ruined:

View attachment 460146
This really made me smile this morning. With all the crap that's going on I honestly hope things work out for you and you cone out of this shitty mess alright.

Best of luck to you both and stay safe!!!

JackSofty

Old-Salt
What air rifle did you use, pellet or dart? Need to know as the twats are running amok in my garden...
Pop a few of them off and stew the meat (as you would a bunny). Grey squirrel is delicious and like a cross between bunny and venison but sweeter and more tender. great in shortcrust pastry too.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

JackSofty

Old-Salt
I have bought a Gamo .177 springer with a 10 shot mag, works brilliantly but I use flat heads because the pointy or domed pellets go straight through the rats that have been attracted by my hens and they could sometimes manage to run off back into their holes before I could finish them off.
Flat heads make them do things that remind me of the ballet.
Bisley Pest Control do the job for me as they hit harder on small vermin. Great for bunnies too.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Crated for having an accident, crated for having an accident on empty roads, crated for an accident on a path! Blimey, could get expensive!
More good news, owing to the state of the car there is only one thing on a pavement that could cause that damage.
1. It’s a politician
2. It’s big, very big.
3. It’s dark so mitigating circumstances the copper didn’t see her until it was to late.

Do you know who it was yet:???::slow:

More good news, owing to the state of the car there is only one thing on a pavement that could cause that damage.
1. It’s a politician
2. It’s big, very big.
3. It’s dark so mitigating circumstances the copper didn’t see her until it was to late.

Do you know who it was yet:???::slow:
9FF5F593-4AF3-4545-81E3-874BF02DAAF3.jpeg

Payday yesterday, weekend has started. Life could be much worse.

Just heard that I should be eligible for a supplemenary pension worth $835 pm. The gov. just needs proof of citizenship.
Added to my UK (partial) and Canada pension, Happy Days!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
A couple of nights back as I went to bed, I was surprised to see a (admittedly faint) star above the house opposite. Southampton's air is so sh¡t that normally on a clear night you can only see a handful of stars high in the sky.

At 8pm yesterday Zero Alpha dragged me out to look at the sheeple*. I was astonished at how many stars were visible.
_____
* Alien Minor 2 is on the essential list. Prompted by the ITV programme that finished just before 8, I'd stopped briefly and given them all, especially him, a thought. It's nice that he's stepping up for his work and also jumping the Sainsbury queue, then giving me three rings to drive up and collect our essential shopping. I'm from a generation that doesn't need to clap like a demented seal to show respect for people stepping up to the mark.

My neighbour is a cook. The restaurant he works for is of course closed because of COVID. He rang me this morning and told me he had something for me. He gave me a large pot of home made bolognese sauce and another one of vegetable soup. Just said he couldn't remain idle.

My neighbour is a cook. The restaurant he works for is of course closed because of COVID. He rang me this morning and told me he had something for me. He gave me a large pot of home made bolognese sauce and another one of vegetable soup. Just said he couldn't remain idle.
My neighbour is an undertaker!!

Latest Threads