The good news thread

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Last year a good friend gave me a diary, which I've tried to use each day to record anything positive that happened, however small.

Anyone got anything that made them smile, caused a larf, or caused them to be grateful today?

I'll kick off with this - just passed my first OU assignment. :)

Last year a good friend gave me a diary, which I've tried to use each day to record anything positive that happened, however small.

Anyone got anything that made them smile, caused a larf, or caused them to be grateful today?

I'll kick off with this - just passed my first OU assignment. :)

Anne Frank Walt.

Last edited:
Saw a squirrel ripping one of the many bird feeders to shreds in our garden, and shot it, took it in the kitchen and dropped it in the sink, I called in the Doris and said" Cook this for my tea love" She completely freaked out. We live right next to the Essington and wryley rural canal, the buggers live in the tall trees that grow on the dead side of the water....... No sense of humour my old lady!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Saw a squirrel ripping one of the many bird feeders to shreds in our garden, and shot it, took it in the kitchen and dropped it in the sink, I called in the Doris and said" Cook this for my tea love" She completely freaked out. We live right next to the Essington and wryley rural canal, the buggers live in the tall trees that grow on the dead side of the water....... No sense of humour my old lady!

As a "feeder", perhaps you could clarify something for me (yes thread diversion already), think I saw a nuthatch the other day in a local park, but it wasn't doing it's usual business, it appeared to be calling to a mate - what does their call sound like?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, I, no sorry, it‘s just gloom and doom down here.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Thought a squirrel got away from one of the dogs yesterday, turns out I was 50% right, found a grey tail embedded in a 'loose coil' in the garden tonight...

As a "feeder", perhaps you could clarify something for me (yes thread diversion already), think I saw a nuthatch the other day in a local park, but it wasn't doing it's usual business, it appeared to be calling to a mate - what does their call sound like?

I only feed and water the little sods, not give singing lessons.... You need to go on the twitters forum.
Serious answer, I really don't know as I don't think I have seen one in our garden.

You could always try Olsen's Standard Book Of British Birds - The expurgated version.

I thought ScaleyAlbereto would be more likely to be the Arrse feeder, every day a school day...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought ScaleyAlbereto would be more likely to be the Arrse feeder, every day a school day...
Aha, you spotted my cunning lure ...

I got a delivery of free food

a sack of potatoes, one of leeks, 3 bags of spinach, parsnips, bananas, a pineapple, milk and so much more I dunno what to do with it all

I'm already sick of banana bread

all from a private school a friend works at, staff were asked to take food away that was going to go off while they are closed and make sure it doesn't get wasted

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

a sack of potatoes, one of leeks, 3 bags of spinach, parsnips, bananas, a pineapple, milk and so much more I dunno what to do with it all

all from a private school a friend works at, staff were asked to take food away that was going to go off while they are closed and make sure it doesn't get wasted
I'll be happy if I never see any more bastard broccoli after this week...

Cheese stuffed potatoes with the taters, add bacon to flavour if you have it, and mix in Colemans mustard to the mashed taters you put in for effect

Leeks can be used in curries, well our demented local one does, because they think they're an Indian takeaway in Wales and everything should have leek in it the weirdos

Spinach makes normal salads bearable, add chillies and you're good to go

Roast the parsnips like it's xmas, job jobbed, add honey for effect

Pineapple, go 80's and add to gammon

Milk just drink the stuff

endure

GCM

Try a 5 month trip on a Fyffes banana boat... :eek:

What air rifle did you use, pellet or dart? Need to know as the twats are running amok in my garden...

What air rifle did you use, pellet or dart? Need to know as the twats are running amok in my garden...

1st a .22 point tip pellets, Crossman Optimus rifle, with a centre point 8+ scope............... cheap as chips.
2nd is a an Air arms, tap fed side cock, with a Nicko sterling 4+32 scope................... very old model.

Latest Threads