The good news thread

In these days of doom and gloom, where you turn on the TV and see houses repossessed, people out of work, alcohol increasing in price etc., I thought we should have some stories to cheer us up.

To start off

My 30 bottle wine kit is almost ready for bottling, at about 75p a bottle you can't complain.

I bought two fairly mediocre tickets from an agency for Wales v Ireland, and they've just given me a double upgrade to two bloody good tickets!

Jade Goody is about to drop dead any day now. I can't wait.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
It must be almost 40 years since I had crabs.

Surely the recent news that "it is possible to buy enough alcohol to exceed the male weekly guidelines for less than £3.50." clicky

Edited to add link to site that focuses only good news (albeit from a septic point of view). clicky

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Years and years ago I said "Whatever useless schemes I pour my money into, it will do better than giving it to some useless City tosspot in a Paul Smith suit who thinks a Porsche is an aspirational buy".

Fnar.

No, really. Fucking Fnar.

Tosspots.

Rays of sunshine have just broken through the clouds over Guildford for the first time today.

The fat, useless bosses son isn't in today, he's supposedly ill.
So I don't have to look at his fat face, whilst he sits there skiving off work & gorging on pies.
The cnut!

Plus I have my Metallica tickets now for next Wednesday in Brum.

I have finally got rid of a certain moral sucking, drain of a 'friend' from my life after months of trying AND someone just brought me chealsea bun...........................................today rocks!!!!!!!!

DaisyBella said:
I have finally got rid of a certain moral sucking, drain of a 'friend' from my life after months of trying AND someone just brought me chealsea bun...........................................today rocks!!!!!!!!
I hope it didn't involve violence, we don't want you having too good a day.

Logged onto my skybet account to find my daft 60p accumulator bet on last night football just turned into £216.83 Hurrah, now to withdraw it to the bank before the wife finds out!!!

When my wifeoid arrived home yesterday it was good news, after being locked out of my house for nearly 3 hours I could get warm and get some dinner. I went for three 3 mile walks to keep warm.

There,s a new Thin Lizzy album on the way. :clap:

slopsjon said:
DaisyBella said:
I hope it didn't involve violence, we don't want you having too good a day.
No, I would loose if violence was involved - she is a BIG girl