The good ideas club!!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by boney_m, Feb 24, 2007.

?
  1. No weapons on the island.

5.9%
  2. A parcel of land where weapons are allowed.

70.6%
  3. Allow all weapons everywhere.

23.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Use of weapons is becoming a bit of a problem on the island.

The island is there for everyone to enjoy, and 1 person ruining it for all by using a weapon is unacceptable.

I'd like to guage your views on usage of weapons, and i will take your thoughts to GCO/BCO. One thing is clear, 1 person being able to come onto the Island and blast everyone into orbit for a laugh cannot continue - especially when we want to encourage people from elsewhere to join us on RnR Island, and keep those already there interested in SL.

2. I have no problems with weapons, they do have a place on the island (particularly incase griefers hit it). However its no fun being orbited god knows how many hundreds of thousands of feet/metres when you are just chatting and minding your own business.

A place just for them - unless there is trouble else where on the island then they can be used to deal with that - is the best bet I think.

Just my thoughts :D

Oh and for those who said they never hit Debs have a look ;)

[​IMG]

3. Then who was orbiting us tonight then?

4. Weapons are an integral part of the Island and a bit of self-regulation is all that's required. Its a boys-with-toys thing, once the novelty's worn off behaviour will settle down and we'll start using it as a getaway from the kids etc, slippers on, reading the papers and chewing the fat in a comfy clubbable atmos.

Regulation is the thin edge of the wedge. You'll be banning smoking next.

The current uniform fetish is more of a concern, why does anyone want to go to a SL site in their work clothes? Is there a script for a braced salute when one walks past an Officer?

5. I dont want anything banned SB. Just to clarify - i fall into the set area for weapons camp. That way, the island rules/covenant can be amended to stipulate where weapons can be used, and anyone not obeying the Island rules can be moderated - just like any forum in here.

The current policy of expecting people to be mature about weapons isnt working - we're neally at the point where weapons use is defining what the island does. If people were responsible about it, i wouldnt have been blasted 4 times into orbit a few days back whilst trying to build. The reason? Aparantly, so and so turned up and used an RS232 (or some such) - the only possible response from Islanders was to use the orbit turbo nutter bastard gun with jihad vest and ruin the whole island for everyone. As another example, last night about 8 people had to go and hide in the mess because 1 person, not a member of the arrse group, was being a t1t. Self regulation planely doesnt work.

I also dont buy the "we need guns in case griefers turn up" line of thinking - Griefers are a pain in the arrse yes, but need to be moderated, not a cold war develop which exasperates the current "my guns bigger than your gun" dick waving thats going on. The Island will develop a reputation arouind SL as somewhere you go to fight - and the problems will get worse. I dont think expecting the millions of people who inhabit SL to be mature about weapons use is going to cut it.

6. For those that want to use SL for gunfights there are loads of islands specifically designed for this.

I went to a good one the other day called dodge or somesuch (i have a card) and it's propper schoolboy cowboys against indians - and was good fun (you even have to wear authentic clothing and use authentic weapons) - and at the end of the scrap everyone gets together has a natter and does a bit of line dancing !

Anyway, i digress - people who are just talking or working on RnR should be allowed to do just that, without getting blasted into orbit.

This argument is getting a bit boring now, and has been going on for too long, Boney - speak to the COs and get weapons restricted to the sandbox or even that whole side of the mountain - away from the NAAFI and race track.

Is it possible to allow one or two selected, responsible residents permission to use waepons anywhere on the island to get rid of griefers, don't know if this is technically possible?

Anyway thats my twopenneth.

MB

7. Just for your information, my last rant at this to prove my point your are equally guilty as me! For a start i was at the place where Eog and Bullet was shooting at the dummy targets i was using damage bullets and then must of hit you becuase them bullets hit people close to them. Then i got orbited up to 4 million metres, followed by that i orbited you. It was only me getting my pay back. Enough said from me.

8. [quote="Romeo_47]Just for your information, my last rant at this to prove my point your are equally guilty as me! For a start i was at the place where Eog and Bullet was shooting at the dummy targets i was using damage bullets and then must of hit you becuase them bullets hit people close to them. Then i got orbited up to 4 million metres, followed by that i orbited you. It was only me getting my pay back. Enough said from me.[/quote]

My bold. Err I don't think so having never picked up a weapon on SL in my whole time there.

Here's a tip. Learn who everyone is on here and on the Island before you start saying who did what eh? There's a good boy.

9. Fair one boney. Maybe (and I have no idea whether it's possible) is to regulate the Island so that people can fire in the pit and on the range, but elsewhere all guns are inactive? Im pretty sure I've been to other islands where you can fire weapons but they have no effect on other people.

10. Dont try and start on me about my age or anything. Even last night making that person special! Now im getting told i cant even be on the island.

11. My bold. Err I don't think so having never picked up a weapon on SL in my whole time there.

Here's a tip. Learn who everyone is on here and on the Island before you start saying who did what eh? There's a good boy.[/quote]

Why dont you accuse them but no! Its becuase im young isnt!

12. Yeah we know we hit her, that was either while she was busy jumping in front of people that were shooting at targets or after the silly bitch decided to start orbiting people. A point to note is that while shooting at targets none of us were using orbit rounds, we were shooting damage rounds only.

Simple fact is we were NOT shooting at anyone, while I was shooting at targets I saw this silly cow start to jump in front of the targets, kind of a no brainer that she'll get hit. She then decides to start orbiting people, not just the person that hit her mind, she orbits the entire sodding island. It was only once I got back that I shot at her. Also ask yourself why there was someone logged from outside the island on the island with 2 accounts logged on at the same time orbiting people. Sounds a bit sus to me.

So do you:

1. want to keep sticking up for this silly bitch and start allienating arrse members from the island by not sticking up for them when someone from another island decides to get trigger happy?

2. Wind your neck in and accept when someone is in the wrong.

I'll give you a clue, option 1 will ruin SL for everyone on ARRSE.

13. How could have Pye even got that picture? That makes her a liar...

14. It was passed to her by someone else - okay? I also received the picture but didn't post it.

So, by extension, I must have shot you all too, eh? :roll:

15. Lol, I guess so! :p