The Golden Mile

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by sirbhp, Jul 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

Any of you lot do it ? and do they still do it today ?

2. Give us a clue what it is then.

• Like Like x 3
  3. The only Golden Mile I know is the one in Blackpool. I shall be there from Thursday to Monday for the Blackpool Punk festival. See you in the moshpit.

4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

its when you are in your local glasshouse standing on the brass line with a pile of your kit on the floor in front of you . You are beasted at speed taking one item at a time to your cell. One boot lace one sewing needle one sock you get the picture . Osnatraz early 1970's

5. No then. We deal with ill discipline in an entirely different way nowadays.

6. yes we do, the provost carry all of your kit for you already ensuring that your bed is made and there is a brew waiting for you in your 'cell' They will also tune your sky box in and let you see the collection of XBox and PS3 games that are available for your delights.

7. Is that like the Derby mile pub crawl?

8. No, remember looking for the golden rivet though.

9. now that was great when it existed, sadly most of the boozers have closed down.

had many a night on the mile before it was ruined.

10. Did you find it?

11. It found him...

12. Yes, it was behind me, being stroked by the 18 years service "character" fullscrew who got me down on my hands and knees looking for it in the first place....