THE GOING RATE

Is there a list of court martial results and if so where can I access it? I am trying to help inform a soldier who is due to appear on a GCM on charges of GBH as to what he may or may not expect (left and right of arc).

Thank you

The CMC will hold this information and it is a matter of public record, after all.

However, I would be very wary of using previous sentences as a guideline - unless you fancy really wide arcs - especially for GBH.

Perhaps one of m'learned friends will be along shortly to provide a more useful response... :D

Left of arc not guilty march out, Right of arc, GBH with intent (sect 18) is life. Depends on the circumstances, the JAG will weigh it up.

Has he a good excuse (like self defence) or is he just a psychopathic cnut? Sentencing will doubtless depend on mitigating circumstances. And dont forget, it will go better for him if he admits guilt (unless, of course, he is innocent).

Proximo said:
The CMC will hold this information and it is a matter of public record, after all.

However, I would be very wary of using previous sentences as a guideline - unless you fancy really wide arcs - especially for GBH.

Perhaps one of m'learned friends will be along shortly to provide a more useful response... :D
Are there online CMC records? I have googled but all I can find is the Canadian courts martial results. :roll:

Results of any Court Martial/SAC should still be published on Higher Formation and Unit Part Ones.

May be worth a scan through Bde/Garrison Orders?

Jockster

B

blindfire

Weren't they always published monthly??

Used to make great reading, seeing the offences and sentences and having a right laugh at some of the sad sacks!!

Blindfire it was always worth a chuckle.

Ours are published weekly!

Jockster