The Gobshite passed !!!

10.16 !!!!

I believe this is worth a thread for all of the abuse I got over that last 9 months on here.

About to get CO's brief and knock off on leave for 4 weeks. :D

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Annnndddd Sleep.........................

chimera

LE
Nightrained said:
10.16 !!!!

I believe this is worth a thread for all of the abuse I got over that last 9 months on here.

Not really. Most of us have been passing these things for years. Enjoy your leave - and keep running.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, well, done; yes you're still a gobshite. Keep running, er, yeah; whatever.

Get yourself a cheap pushbike you 'orrible little man, get on it and use it. BFT problems will be a thing of the past.

Well done Nightrained. Really.

I used to have real problems with passing a BFT. I could pass CFTs, tab for ages and sprint short distances with no dramas, but the BFT (PFT) just plain killed me.

As every cnut used to tell me, so I will tell you.. because I can...

Now youve got that far, cut out the beer completely, cut out the fags slowly, eat healthy food and drink lots of water and keep fkking running!

Apparently it does work! Get yourself down to a sub 10 minute one then allow yourself ONE of the luxuries you used to have. Only one and only once. Then set another goal, same pack drills.

Enjoy Leave.

.......cough! splutter! gag...........well done ya little s h i t............now you know you can do it! Listen to what you have been told.........get better at it!

chimera

LE
Nightrained said:
10.16 !!!!
And I hope that you and your mates have all signed the Headly Court petition before bugging out...

i'd like to say well done.....but then when i look back to that time i failed one it knarks me. Because nobody said to me well done when i eventually passed. Why? Because it's a pride thing...and i let myself down (and the lads) by failing. I never did again after that and i swore to myself i wouldn't...i didn't want to embarrass myself....so NT, take it on board how low your phys was...and don't ever drop to that level.

and p.s nice one :roll: hehehe

10:16 is a pass. 8O :eek: 8O :eek: 8O :eek: 8O :eek:

what happened to having to be at least 30 (60 dependant on your CO) seconds under your allotted time. :cry: :x :cry: :x

4 weeks leave eh :?: :?: :?: :?:

that should put you right back at square one i'm guessing. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

chimera

LE
Just remembering a younger Chimera doing 8.25 for the old BFT in boots around the factory at Massereene. Must have been just a bit older than NT....Happy Days

chimera said:
Just remembering a younger Chimera doing 8.25 for the old BFT in boots around the factory at Massereene. Must have been just a bit older than NT....Happy Days
And an even younger Gundulph stampeding over the line at Volgelsang in 7:29 8O Boots, Lightweights and good old red pt top... if you need to pass a BFT get to Volgelsang the first 1 1/2 miles is a gentle slog gradually uphill but you definitely benefitted from the downhill all the way 'in your own time' second part of the BFT 8)

Gundulph

Fatbadge said:
Now youve got that far, cut out the beer completely, cut out the fags slowly, eat healthy food and drink lots of water and keep fkking running!

Apparently it does work! Get yourself down to a sub 10 minute one then allow yourself ONE of the luxuries you used to have. Only one and only once. Then set another goal, same pack drills.

Enjoy Leave.
Rollocks, get your self home on leave, drink a belly full of beer, smoke tabs, shag loose women and stuff your pus with kebabs and other good food, You've deserved it

Forget all about remedial PT and enjoy your leave.

chimera

LE
Gundulph said:
And an even younger Gundulph stampeding over the line at Volgelsang in 7:29 Boots, Lightweights and good old red pt top... Gundulph
Good skills! Sub 8 min BFTers were a pretty rare breed.

chimera said:
Gundulph said:
And an even younger Gundulph stampeding over the line at Volgelsang in 7:29 Boots, Lightweights and good old red pt top... Gundulph
Good skills! Sub 8 min BFTers were a pretty rare breed.
Didn't do many under 8 Chimera, slowest ever was nearing the end of my time at 33 when I had too much of the good life out on EOC (Explosive Ordnance Clearance Outstations) we'd come in for the usual Tests - too many good nights out with the strawberry mivvies on the teams but refused to go over the 9 minutes and came in 8:59 :D I think I was the proof you didn't need to look like you had just completed Phase 2 of Selection to be good at running, unfortunately its one of those things you are either naturally very good at and if not then you have to work a lot harder than those that are, I don't think it meant you were much fitter than those around you just better at running like Forrest Gump!

For anyone who has run the Volgelsang BFT they will no doubt have similar tales of also recording their own personal bests there... that is if they didn't get too hammered the night before in the Belgian bar!!!

Good Days!

Gundulph

always been built for COMFORT rather than SPEED :D :wink: :D :wink:

vandyke said:
Fatbadge said:

Enjoy Leave.
Rollocks, get your self home on leave, drink a belly full of beer, smoke tabs, shag loose women and stuff your pus with kebabs and other good food, You've deserved it

Forget all about remedial PT and enjoy your leave.
You know he's going to use you as an excuse now, dontcha.

Either his SSM or His CO will be baying for your blood... :D :lol: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fatboy69 Current Affairs, News and Analysis 9
REG002 The Intelligence Cell 8
SlimeyToad The NAAFI Bar 38