The Gobshite passed !!!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Nightrained, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 10.16 !!!!

I believe this is worth a thread for all of the abuse I got over that last 9 months on here.

About to get CO's brief and knock off on leave for 4 weeks. :D
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Annnndddd Sleep.........................
  3. You're still a gobshite though.....
  4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Not really. Most of us have been passing these things for years. Enjoy your leave - and keep running.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Er, well, done; yes you're still a gobshite. Keep running, er, yeah; whatever.

Get yourself a cheap pushbike you 'orrible little man, get on it and use it. BFT problems will be a thing of the past.
  6. Well done Nightrained. Really.

I used to have real problems with passing a BFT. I could pass CFTs, tab for ages and sprint short distances with no dramas, but the BFT (PFT) just plain killed me.

As every cnut used to tell me, so I will tell you.. because I can...

Now youve got that far, cut out the beer completely, cut out the fags slowly, eat healthy food and drink lots of water and keep fkking running!

Apparently it does work! Get yourself down to a sub 10 minute one then allow yourself ONE of the luxuries you used to have. Only one and only once. Then set another goal, same pack drills.

Enjoy Leave.
  7. Finally
    But you should have been able to do it anyway
    But well done anyway
  8. .......cough! splutter! gag...........well done ya little s h i you know you can do it! Listen to what you have been told.........get better at it!
  9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

And I hope that you and your mates have all signed the Headly Court petition before bugging out...
  10. i'd like to say well done.....but then when i look back to that time i failed one it knarks me. Because nobody said to me well done when i eventually passed. Why? Because it's a pride thing...and i let myself down (and the lads) by failing. I never did again after that and i swore to myself i wouldn't...i didn't want to embarrass NT, take it on board how low your phys was...and don't ever drop to that level.

and p.s nice one :roll: hehehe
  11. You should've passed it first time with no excuses. Don't let it happen again.
  12. 10:16 is a pass. 8O :eek: 8O :eek: 8O :eek: 8O :eek:

what happened to having to be at least 30 (60 dependant on your CO) seconds under your allotted time. :cry: :x :cry: :x

4 weeks leave eh :?: :?: :?: :?:

that should put you right back at square one i'm guessing. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Just remembering a younger Chimera doing 8.25 for the old BFT in boots around the factory at Massereene. Must have been just a bit older than NT....Happy Days
  14. And an even younger Gundulph stampeding over the line at Volgelsang in 7:29 8O Boots, Lightweights and good old red pt top... if you need to pass a BFT get to Volgelsang the first 1 1/2 miles is a gentle slog gradually uphill but you definitely benefitted from the downhill all the way 'in your own time' second part of the BFT 8)

15. Rollocks, get your self home on leave, drink a belly full of beer, smoke tabs, shag loose women and stuff your pus with kebabs and other good food, You've deserved it

Forget all about remedial PT and enjoy your leave.