The Glenrothes By Election

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sven, Nov 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eclipsed by the Huge events in the US, today the electorate in Glenrothes went to th polls.

The last poll I saw had the SNP and Labour neck and neck - what wil be the result?

2. On BBC News24 now

3. Amazingly - GB thought that Prescott would be his big hitter to turn up and swing the result in his favour - nail in the coffin I think.
    Im sure it will go SNP people seem to like their short term policies, better to sell tommorow and live for today, and budgets always go further when you just leave Defence out of it :rage:

4. Fifeys, I love you. How did Cyclops get Dunfermline? You Fifeys have alot to answer for!!!

5. Giving the result now

6. I used to think he was great - but then again being a true Fifer I did marry my own cousin - what a turncoat cling to power, reactionary lickspittle he has turned out to be. 8O

7. Labour have it (gits)

8. Gobsmacked

Labour have taken it!!!!

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Always said my fellow country men were retarded!

10. From the Beeb

11. Where did the Lib dems come, Sven?

12. Id have voted for Portillo, or even Hitler rather than the faceless shower of sh1te we were presented with. Maybe 'll stand as an independent at next effort. Assuming I can find £500 to burn!

13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'll chip in.

14. We might have lost our deposit

Labour increased their vote by 3%, the SNP increased theirs by 13% and we lost 10% of our vote.

It would seem the SNP took their increase from the Tories and ourselves.