The Ginger Stakes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Rebekah Brooks (Wade) has lasted quite well so far and has the backing of her eminence grise Rupert Murdoch.

How long do you think she will continue to be of use to RM and when do you expect her top get the big heave-ho?

My guess is mid-August, unless there is another huge world shattering bit of news like the Japanese tsunami which will take the heat of RM and enable him to push her out of the door while the spotlight is off him.

Get your bets in the RB stakes in now! :)
  2. Private Eye has been speculating for some time that Murdoch wants rid but for undisclosed reasons is loathe to push her. Perhaps she knows too much.

They believed he was hoping she'd get pregnant after marrying a few months back
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps Twiglets and her "I know nowt" routine is all that stands between editors being, or about to be thrown to the wolves, and Murdoch Major and Minor? If she sticks to her line and the Rozzers cant prove otherwise, its treble bonuses all round at the top floor in Wapping. If I was Rupert I'd be more concerned about what the 400 sacked NotW employees know, and will tell.
  4. Mebbe she's sucking his cock like a professional.

Or mebbe he's sucking hers like a professional!
  5. Maybe she hacked his phone and has leverage on him? Other than blackmail, I can't see any reason why he'd keep her around.

Having thought about it, maybe he keeps her around so everyone can have 1984 style 2 minutes hate session every time they NOTW gets into the press.
  6. Just dug a piece out from Eye No.1291, 24th June 2011. Private Eye actually seem to be saying that Cameron has saved Brooks's job earlier this year. Private Eye is not always correct but it does generally make interesting reading. It will be interesting to see if this allegation makes it into wider circulation

Attached Files:

7. If we are going on exact dates I think August 3rd, reason being a lot of people will be on hols and the news will just slip under the radar. Fuck it I got it right about them shutting it down might be in with another stab here.