• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Germany that nobody knows!

#1
One of the things that Hitler managed to achieve post World War 2 was to snuff out the idea that there ever existed posative relations between German Jews and non-Jewish Germans and that Jews were an intergrated and loyal part of the German nation.

As you can see from the photograph below of a German soldier in liberated Poland with a Jewish boy, the Imperial German Army of the First World War was a very different item from the garbage of World War 2.

http://www.eilatgordinlevitan.com/lida/lida_pix/front/032806_35_b.gif

http://www.eilatgordinlevitan.com/lida/lida.html

Saludos Amigos
Zapata
 
#4
chocolate_frog said:
I'm getting the word .... Staged.
If you mean that the photograph might have been set up specifically for public relations purposes, you might be right I do not know. My best guess is that it was not staged in that it appears to be a photograph from a personal photo album rather than a postcard [ I know postcards were used for public-relations pursposes by the German Government ]. On the other hand, even if it was the case that the photograph was staged, that does not mean to say that Imperial German Army troops were not seen by these people as liberators.

Saludos Amigos
Zapata
 
#5
I think it was about 10 million prior to adolf, his one ball and his cronies.

Most of East Europe had Jews, now some areas are completely bare of them. Of the 6 million killed during the pogrom, some were killed in the violence in the run up to the "final solution" plus of course those who emigrated away from the danger.
 
#6
NEO_CON said:
Do you happen to know the pre WWII Jewish population of Europe was and what it is now ?
Current Jewish population

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/world-jewish-population.htm

Jewish Population Continental Europe 1939 [ and since ]

http://fcit.usf.edu/Holocaust/gallery/jewpop.htm

Vanishing Diaspora: The Jews in Europe Since 1945 (Hardcover)
by Bernard Wasserstein

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly
Today there are fewer than two million Jews in Europe, compared with 10 million in 1939. Brandeis history professor Wasserstein predicts that, as Europe's Jews continue to assimilate, intermarry and maintain an extremely low birthrate, the European Jewish community will become virtually extinct?both as a population group and as a cultural entity?unless Jews launch a revival of Hebrew and Yiddish culture. A provocative source for everyone concerned with the fate of European and indeed American Jewry, this history delineates Jewish postwar reconstruction, upward mobility and a traumatizing coming to terms with the past among Jews of western and eastern Europe, even as they faced resurgent anti-Semitism and nationalist xenophobia. His chronicle includes in-depth discussions of Soviet Jewish emigration, Christian?Jewish relations and the Jewish communities of England, France, Germany, Poland and Hungary.
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From Booklist
Wasserstein points out in this exceptional social and political history that in 1939 there were nearly 10 million Jews in Europe, but during the Holocaust more than half were murdered. By 1994, emigration and a surplus of deaths over births had reduced Europe's Jewish population again by more than half, to less than two million. Wasserstein, a professor of history at Brandeis University, predicts that by the year 2000 the number of Jews in Europe will not be much more than one million, the lowest figure since the Middle Ages. He believes that during the next two or three decades the Jews of Europe at best face slow diminution and at worst virtual extinction. (Poland's Jewish population of 3,250,000 in 1937 had been reduced to 6,000 by 1994, for example.) Wasserstein finds that Jewish languages (Hebrew, Yiddish, and Ladino) have practically died out in Europe, along with most elements of religious practice. In conclusion, his view is that survival of Europe's Jews will ultimately depend on the choices they themselves make. "If the Jews of Europe do, in the end, disappear, it will be because, as a collectivity, they lost the will to live," he sadly notes. George Cohen
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0674931963/?tag=armrumser-20

Saludos Amigos
Zapata
 
#7
numbers of Jews in German and Austro-Hungarian military during World War 1

November 11: World War I ends in Europe. Over 1, 172,000 Jewish soldiers served in the Allied and Central Power forces in World War I, including czarist Russia, 450,000; Austria-Hungary, 275,000; the U.S. 250,000; Germany 90,000; Great Britain 50,000; France 35,000. Over 15,000 American Jewish soldiers and 10,623 German Jewish soldiers were killed. The ratio of the German Jewish dead to the ratio of the Jewish population far exceeds the total German ratio of the war dead.
The Allies mobilized 42,189,000 soldiers, and 4,489,000 were killed. The Central Powers mobilized 22,850,000 and 3,132,000 were killed. Over 6,642,000 civilians died in the war.
http://www.jafi.org.il/education/jafi75/timeline.html

Saludos Amigos
Zapata
 
#10
I'm surprised that those in Oxygentheifistan were not more preoccupied this afternoon with the Saints-Huddersfield match.

I paused to seek the root of this Germano-semetic group hug and found it was neither in Germany or Israel:

whoislookup said:
http://www.networksolutions.com
Registrant:
Eilat Levitan
3895 Eureka Dr.
Studio City CA 91604
US
Domain Name: EILATGORDINLEVITAN.COM
Administrative Contact:
Ed de edlt_ec@YAHOO.COM
Ed de
942 S. Tremaine Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90019
US
(323) 936-1250 fax: 999 999 9999
Technical Contact:
Support support@affinity.com
Affinity.com
101 Continental Boulevard 3rd Floor
El Segundo CA 90245
US
(310) 524-3000 fax: (310) 388-1335
Record expires on 20-Jun-2011.
Record created on 20-Jun-2000.
Database last updated on 26-Aug-2006 14: 43: 16 EDT.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.253.211
NS2.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.254.10
I suppose it takes one oxygen theif to recognise another :cry:

Like 9/11 - Another CIA conspiracy no doubt??
 
#12
Iraqi_DMI said:
I'm surprised that those in Oxygentheifistan were not more preoccupied this afternoon with the Saints-Huddersfield match.

I paused to seek the root of this Germano-semetic group hug and found it was neither in Germany or Israel:

whoislookup said:
http://www.networksolutions.com
Registrant:
Eilat Levitan
3895 Eureka Dr.
Studio City CA 91604
US
Domain Name: EILATGORDINLEVITAN.COM
Administrative Contact:
Ed de edlt_ec@YAHOO.COM
Ed de
942 S. Tremaine Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90019
US
(323) 936-1250 fax: 999 999 9999
Technical Contact:
Support support@affinity.com
Affinity.com
101 Continental Boulevard 3rd Floor
El Segundo CA 90245
US
(310) 524-3000 fax: (310) 388-1335
Record expires on 20-Jun-2011.
Record created on 20-Jun-2000.
Database last updated on 26-Aug-2006 14: 43: 16 EDT.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.253.211
NS2.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.254.10
I suppose it takes one oxygen theif to recognise another :cry:

Like 9/11 - Another CIA conspiracy no doubt??
whois been a clever boy

Hals und Beinbruch
Zapata
 
#13
Actually Zapata is correct. Prior to Nazification, Germany's Jewish population were fully integrated in a way that few other countries allowed them to be.

At least hundreds of thousands fought with the German armed forces in WW1 and there are many stories of these veterans being slung into concentration camps along with the rest of the Jewish, Gypsy, Catholic, Freemason, Communists, Educationally Sub Normal, Policital Dissenters and other groups who the Nazis took a dislike to and were determined to eradicate.
 
#14
GDav said:
Actually Zapata is correct. Prior to Nazification, Germany's Jewish population were fully integrated in a way that few other countries allowed them to be.

At least hundreds of thousands fought with the German armed forces in WW1 and there are many stories of these veterans being slung into concentration camps along with the rest of the Jewish, Gypsy, Catholic, Freemason, Communist, Educationally Sub Normal, Policital Dissenters and other groups who the Nazis took a dislike to and were determined to eradicate.
Yes that's a good point GDav, additionally I am glad you mentioned the fact that the Nazis persecuted several other groups of people [ apart from the well known issue of the Nazi persecution of Jews ] including Freemasons as particularly in respect of some of these groups and in particular Freemasons there has been very little discussion and recoginition of their persecution by the Nazis.

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/ushmm.html

Saludos Amigos
Zapata
 
#15
I think all the persecutions are well documented Zapata but the world (rightfully) concentrates on the Jewish Holocaust - because of the immensity of it.
 
#18
NEO_CON said:
I think all the persecutions are well documented Zapata but the world (rightfully) concentrates on the Jewish Holocaust - because of the immensity of it.
What particular horrify me about the Jewish Holocaust was the mundane and bureaucratic nature in which it was done .
http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/40-45/killing/
Of course it was! Not only was it being orchestrated by Germans, but it was being orchestrated by German government workers. I doubt it could be done with flair and elan at all, but even if it could, the last people on Earth who could do it would be the Boxheads.

Or the Swiss...
 

Latest Threads