The Gay Team (PERSEC vs video ETIQUETTE)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chrisg46, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

ok just asked this in the chatroom, but only got a 50/50 response, plus a odd comment about a donkey...

I have a great & funny vid to post, from my one and only tour to date in iraq. However, i didnt make it, i am not in it, and several faces are no show, but are not named. I am also not in contact with any of these.

Is it wrong to post this? I appreciate persec, but no names are shown. Also as it is not my video, is it off side to put it on the youtube?

a definitive answer from a mod would be appreciated...

Thread Title editted
  2. Show it - there are a great many vids from all manner of armed forces on youtube and i can't believe that all the faces shown on there have given permission to show the vid.
  3. You didn't shoot it. You ain't in it. You no longer have contact with anyone in it. You've got no mates except your "pals" on arrse.

How about you make a vid of you slitting your throat and put that on. It'd be a laugh.

Edit: (the missus is stood behind me, with a face on and the carving fork in my back).

Sorry Chris. It isn't in my nature to be unpleasant and I wouldn't say that to you in real life. I'm now off to paint the fence.
  5. If you dont know whether it's right to show it, it invariably isnt.

Has it got naked Donkeys in it?
  6. Surely this then falls into the category of "never letting the truth stand in tha way of a good story"

Chris just show it - as long as its not illegal.
  7. Yeah, now you've mentioned it I want to see it. Load it in, let us all have a look and then we can tell you whether or not it was a bad idea to do so.
  8. Ask yourself the question...

Will showing this video to the good people of ARRSE (and the wider t'interwebernet) in any way comprimise the operational effectiveness OR good name of the British Forces OR the personal security of any of its members?
  9. chrisg46

No worries, both comments made me laugh! First one cos "typical Arrse response", second was just funny!
  10. Fess up!! Its a covert vid of yer boss shaggin a camel isnt it? eh? eh?

Coats on, Im going.....
  11. chrisg46

This is the video i was referring to. I didnt put it on myself, but as someone else has...

At long last...

Should i now slit my throat?
  12. a bit of a giggle
  13. outstanding
  14. Christ, even I know one of the guys in there!!

(Hint, it's the matelot aircrew!)
  15. I would be more worried if they had dressed the donkey up...