Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The garden.

We're supposed to do it at our age, even though we pay Foul Old Bill £300 a month to ponce about in his rustic strides, spit and say "Whoa, that Hydranger dont bant to be thair and it baint right thou saying it do so it be"

Muttering old fool. Jesus.

If I could nuke anything, I would put the fucking garden ahead of Gordon Brown.

(only joking CPS)

No I'm not.

Gardens are a hassle. Why did they not warn us about gardens when we were young and able to do something about it?

2. Gardens are important, where would you put the shed otherwise?

3. Because gardens are a cover. They are a smoke and mirrors device for covering the fact that gardens are where SHEDS are located!

4. This is a crafty ploy to have a thread about 'Sheds' is'nt it?

5. Shhhhhhh...

6. Too late.

They have already appeared in the advert section at the bottom of the page.

Bugger.

7. When you have been married for donkey's years, retired and want to escape 'her in doors' then it's the perfect place to be [especially when a young and very attactive wench lives next door]. On a serious note, I grow enough fruit and veg to last me all year although I had to buy another freezer just for runner beans, peas and soft fruits.

8. TheIronDuke

gardener

GARDENER

9. Not SHEDS then?

10. I find the larger garden useful for providing sufficent space to deploy minefields with good arcs of fire.

All to protect "the Shed".

Litotes

11. Bugger. I thought this was going to be about Raul's Rose Garden.

12. TheIronDuke

Well, since you force my hand...

Lets talk vices?

NO not young goats, vices, for clamping things. Other than goats.

Now, your Shed Walt will tell you that only a 6" Record will do the job. But I say, a 6" Sealey, while it does not have the quick release of a Record, is a better tool.

And cheaper. And with a harder anvil.

For ones shed.

oops.

13. I've got vices alright Duke.

But they don't live in my shed they live in my head.

I keep my home made chutney in my shed.

Lovely it is.

14. I didn't have a shed when I moved here 3 year's ago so built one of my own [flintstone] design measuring 2m x 2m x 2m, really solid and finally weighting about 250kg. No prep and planning as usual and then had the difficulty of getting it out of the garage with only 3 cm of clearance.... doh! Finally wheeled it out on rollers made of a chopped up broomstick with 4 of us finally lifting it onto a concrete base 10 metres away. Such was the strain that my ringpiece felt like a punch in the mouth for weeks and did my piles no good at all!!!!