The gaffer wants to do WHAT?

The fundamental question is do you implicitly trust them? Even if I knew who all the "thems" are I would never trust them.
People said the same about mobile phones, debit cards, loyalty cards etc. The fuss died down and most people accepted it.

Think where it will initially be useful. The army on tour, brats in general, the police on undercover duties, pensioners in homes, etc etc.
As soon as it start becoming a commercial perk, no need to show IDs at various places or electrical gadgets being activated, then the public will accept it.

Apart for my phones celluar data, blue tooth & wifi

My face & facial recognition via cctv

My internet browsing data

& use of bank & loyalty cards

I'm completely anonymous...

People said the same about mobile phones, debit cards, loyalty cards etc. The fuss died down and most people accepted it.

Think where it will initially be useful. The army on tour, brats in general, the police on undercover duties, pensioners in homes, etc etc.
As soon as it start becoming a commercial perk, no need to show IDs at various places or electrical gadgets being activated, then the public will accept it.

Why bury it under the skin if you have nothing to hide...

Last edited:
All a load of bollox... how long before the latest iPhone (for example) is actually a chip implanted into the body?

This chip will replace phones and computers, iPads and android devices.. it will make human memory redundant and best yet, it will make the actions or inactions, the thought processes - every aspect of every individual visible 24/365.

Implants will be compulsory and will carry from birth to death, every detail of the 'chippee'

Loyalty cards? Pah. The near future will shit 'em.

I'm fully up for this. Any bastard younger than me is likely to be a criminal, or foreign, or holds opinions counter to my reasonable ultra-Right ones (possibly infra-Left, but it doesn't really make any difference). GPS-enabled, sound included, control community safety rooms up and down the country staffed by people vetted for fatness, idleness and whisky addiction to ensure compliance could only be a successful programme for Democratic Societal Purity. Forward into a Free, Fair and Just Future.

Its probably inevitable in a generation or two.
We already track and monitor our company vehicles, I have a system being installed in our vans and lorries today that monitors driver behavior and vehicle diagnostics.
It will tell me how each driver performs, how much fuel he is using, how harsh they are braking, it will even tell me if the vehicle registers a fault on the dash.
Whn we first started installing vehicle tracking (and it isn't that many years ago) it was all a bit big brother, today it is just normal.

It is already quite common to track works phones as well as works vehicle. It has uses for lone workers and safety.

Tracking people will be acceptable and probably normal in the next couple of decades.
Mrs Jagman already thinks the granddaughters should be chipped

Watch this get endorsed by the likes of Labour, when it is marketed as a useful security check for voting.

You think Labour want security checks on voter ID? Why? They don't care if they've even got a pulse just now.
If the option ever comes up to see who voted for whom, then they'll be interested

Last edited:
Perhaps the chips could have a small explosive charge inserted. Anyone caught stealing of committing other serious crime and the charge could be detonated remotely removing the hand and thus indicating the miscreants.

Chopping hands off has already been thought of? Oh.

Serious note:
I can recall at least one sci-fi series where implants were used to control people by the imposition of pain.
Can you buy this chip in the form of a genital cuff? I would like to order half a dozen there are some employees that need a little motivation.

There are a few Arrsers who could do with a chip that bans them from posting!
There are a few that have massive ones on their shoulders!

"The tiny chips, implanted in the flesh between the thumb and forefinger, are similar to those for pets. They enable people to open their front door, access their office or start their car with a wave of their hand, and can also store medical data."

PERSEC - Never have it implanted in your wanking hand.
If you own one of those Fitbit things take that off as well or Apple will know where and when you're having a wank and probably who you are thinking of as well.

How long is it going to take before someone figures out how to mess with them? Chip says you're at your desk, but you're in the pub.
I believe a similar concept was introduced into many US hospitals years ago - a form of telemetry whereby a chip was attached to staff name badges to enable/ensure access only to authorized staff in certain areas. The chip also tracked staff movements and was used to ensure that patients received the right care from the right person at the right time. No idea if it caught on.

If you own one of those Fitbit things take that off as well or Apple will know where and when you're having a **** and probably who you are thinking of as well.
If you are looking at a picture on a computer, does it give money to the model? Like clicking on a YouTube advert helps the video producer?

I believe a similar concept was introduced into many US hospitals years ago - a form of telemetry whereby a chip was attached to staff name badges to enable/ensure access only to authorized staff in certain areas. The chip also tracked staff movements and was used to ensure that patients received the right care from the right person at the right time. No idea if it caught on.
Not so long I was having a less than healthy fast food lunch when I heard a bloke on the phone saying he was going to have to tell his missus he had a salad sandwich and not KFC - what if she could tell where he went?

If you are looking at a picture on a computer, does it give money to the model? Like clicking on a YouTube advert helps the video producer?

Not so long I was having a less than healthy fast food lunch when I heard a bloke on the phone saying he was going to have to tell his missus he had a salad sandwich and not KFC - what if she could tell where he went?
Now there is a question.....would divorce go up...….or be telmetrically restrained?