The future prospects for Armourers vs Aircraft Techs?

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by NewREME69, Aug 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been instructed to commit my final number 1 role application on friday and I'm torn between these two REME jobs, so I was wondering, what are the options like when you leave the army for ex-Armourers/ex-Air Techs?
  2. If you consider continuing your career into civilian life, I would imagine as an armourer you'd have fewer job opportunities than a former-BAT. But that's assuming you don't take-up something completely different after getting your life back.
  3. Thanks for the info.
  4. The thing is when most ex REME leave the army we normally do something different like VM for 10 years now drive trucks out all week but in your career do you want to play world of Warcraft or look like a smurf
  5. You're not going to find any armourer jobs in civvy street when you leave.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. Civplod and contract work at some RAF camps - a fellow plumber was looking for a small arms chap the other week on our Facebook page. Ex RAF armourers do shit loads of different stuff, lots in IT, offshore (ROV's in particular) and general engineering shit.