The Future of the Republican party?

Discussion in 'US' started by KevinB, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Awhile ago, I posted on what might be the future of the US Republican party. Never did I think it might be Rush Limbaugh, as I hoped the party might see sense and move more towards the center. Limbaugh, for those of you who don't know, if a vicious hate-monger of a radio talk show host - and it looks like the powers that be are looking towards him...

"The party is in transition," said Ed Rogers, a Republican lobbyist and close ally of Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. "Our leaders have not found their voice or direction....Limbaugh is filling a vacuum in a world that requires a constant media counter-point."
  2. Is that the US 'Irish' Republican Supporters Party, or the democratically elected members of the Senate and House of Representertives?

As in time gone by, "Was there any differnce, especially those from the East Coast of the USA.
  3. Apparently, Charlie, you have trouble reading...'future of the US Republican party....'
  4. What's in a name, after all it was 40 years ago, when much of the funding came from the bars and streets of New York and Boston with the Kennedy (now Hon Sir) who paid the province visits, using what ever name suited HIM at that time.

Whose funding this NEW outbreak of idiots in NI? Although the OLD leadership are distancing themsleves, sow's ear and silk purse spring to mind!

Bush single handedly destroyed any hope the Republican Party of getting back into power, like Brown in doing for Zarnu New Lairbour!
  5. Rush Limbaugh "a vicious hate monger"? If you had said Michael Savage or Ann Coulter it would be accurate. Get a grip.

Obama and his stooges have made Limbaugh the de facto leader of the Republican just by obsessing over him and his radio program. They gave Limbaugh exactly what he wanted: free publicity and an image of power and importance. It only goes to show how incompetent and pathetic Obama and his political party really are. Obama is lost, confused, and in over his head.
  6. Same thing they always do. Back to basics, get a good leader, go get elected on the strength of their beliefs.
    Vote Petraeus in 2012?
  7. So just like the Bush administration, then?
  8. No, Bush and his political party weren't anti-American leftists.
  9. so let see if I've got this straight ... over 8 years bush drags the US into 2 illegal and stupid wars, runs the economy into the ground, demonstrates the same feeling for diplomacy as Snoop Doggy Dogg on acid AND is considered the worst US president EVER ........ yet you dont even give Obama 6 weeks to simply understand the mess left by the republicans before you are gobbing off.
    People like you just reinforce the cretinous image of republicans abroad.
  10. I'm not a Republican and I don't really care what foreign filth abroad think.
  11. I beg your pardon ... People like you just reinforce the cretinous image of right wing F wits.
  12. Are you serious? You're talking about the second most powerful political party in the US, and you honestly believe that they themselves had nothing to do with elevating Rush the Twisted to his present postition? Even when members of the party see themselves with no other alternative but to apologise to him?

You've made it quite clear that you've no time for Mr Obama and his administration, which is certainly your absolute right, no question, but to actually give them the blame for the cowardly Republican obeisance to Rush the Twisted to explain the present extremely parlous state of the party is really stretching the bounds of credibility.

If "obsessing over a person" automatically endows them with the required qualities, then Sarah "Hockey-Mom" Palin should be vice-president by now.

Make a note to yourself, Ronnie: Must try harder!

13. You're claiming that Rush Limbaugh has some sort of supernatural power to influence the Republican Party and intimidate the Democratic Party and the POTUS simply by talking and giving his opinions on the radio? AM talk radio no less. Limbaugh, like all political pundits, is boring but hardly "twisted".

I think you and KevinB should wander over to Democratic Underground or Daily Kos and commiserate with the rest of the paranoid mental cases. :roll:
  14. Ronnie, I'm not "claiming" anything. I'm just stating the facts.

This is the way I see it: during the elections, the Republicans cynically and calculatedly decided that Rush the Twisted had a good chance of capturing a fair amount of votes with his brand of whatever and due to his (ostensible) popularity. In the process, significant quantities of Republican sympathisers started to listen to, and agree, with him. Unfortunately, they weren't enough to swing the overwhelming vote for Mr Obama, in spite of the *cough* manipulations the Republicans employed and without making it look like a fix.

All that attention gave Rush the Twisted the impression that he's a kingpin - just what he'd always wanted. But don't worry, because he failed to deliver, he'll be taken down a peg or two, if not destroyed, in the subsequent Republican party reassessment of how best to regain power.

This is just a suggestion, Ronnie, but you might want to really check over whether you're being taken for a cünt - by both US parties. Just a thought.

15. Not sure about that, Bugsy. Apparently, there are those in the Republican party mightily afraid of the big eejit...

"...Limbaugh is so powerful that few Republicans dare chastise him for his divisive and hateful speech. Recently Michael Steel described Limbaugh as "an entertainer" with an "incendiary" and "ugly style." Limbaugh responded by suggesting that Steele was "off to a shaky start" at the RNC. "I hope the RNC chairman will realize he's not a talking head pundit, that he is supposed to be working on the grassroots and rebuilding it," Limbaugh said. Within hours of Limbaugh's rebuke, Steel was on bended knee publicly apologizing to the rotund radio talk show host. Steele isn't the only GOP coward who has criticized Limbaugh, and then promptly apologized."

But maybe it could be a good thing for the Dems if this blowhard runs for POTUS or is seen as the 'true' head of the Greedy Old Party. The more he rants, the more Obama seems the more reasoned and intelligent choice - which of course he is - though I wish he were more to the left.