The future has arrived: Pre-crime comes to town.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Old Fart, Nov 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here’s a chewin’ bone – 170+ EDL arrested for ‘being there':

Police arrest EDL members to 'avert planned attack' in London | UK news | The Guardian

And even the BBC (see video commentary) appears a little uneasy with this pre-crime/thought crime scenario.

BBC News - EDL members arrested held near Cenotaph in London

My thoughts: having banned the MAC loonies Plod and the Politicos needed to show a bit of ethnic ‘even handedness’ in the name of multiculturism and non-racism and lo and behold along comes the perfect target – White, Male, English, Workng Class, Beer Swilling, Heterosexual and, joy of joys, ‘Far Right’(whatever that may mean these days).

I am minded of the words of Pastor Neimöller:

“First they came for the communists, and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn’t speak out for I wasn’t a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews and I didn’t speak out for I wasn’t a Jew.
    Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me.

We are heading down a very slippery slope indeed in this country.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Take it somewhere else.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The EDL are racist cunts who were out for trouble, plod did a good job in averting a riot or some other serious criminal activity.

I'm White, male, English, heterosexual (arguably), beer swilling and working class in so much as I work for a living, but those choppers do not represent me or my views.

BZ to the old bill.

• Like Like x 25
  4. Whilst it might be quite reasonable to question the policy of preventive arrest, comparing it to taking people off to be gassed makes you sound a bit of a tit, to be frank.

• Like Like x 6

5. indeed or you could just apply some common sense and see it for what it was , preventative action. Well done plod.

6. EDL - mag to grid.

No place for them on here concur with my Gunner friend Ravers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Worse than that really, the 'they' in the Niemoller quote were the antecedent of the EDL.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Are we going to start gassing the EDL? I hope so!

Is it up and in or down and out for SS Rottenfuhrer working dress?

9. So 170+ racist thugs congregated in a pub in London for what reason?
    I suspect it wasn't to take afternoon tea at the Savoy.
    If their motives were anything other than peaceful protest they were rightly arrested and moved on. If the police suspected a breach of the peace was about to be committed they have powers to arrest, which is evidently what happened. End of story.

If you want to cry about it, Arrse is the wrong place, you will get no sympathy here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. As long as there is some oversight on how reasonable the suspicions are, then that seems fair enough. Obviously not knowing the details of this case one can't comment on the rights and wrongs of it; presumably, however, they were instructed to disperse first and failed to do so.

I don't think the police should arrest people on the off-chance, but equally well they should not be compelled to wait until a riot kicks off before acting.

However, the OP comparing the plight of the EDL in London to that of Jews in Nazi Germany is risible and somewhat distasteful.

11. We've been heading down a slippery slope in this country for some time. The police action went some way towards arresting that slide (see what I did there?).

I'm white, hetero, work as little as I can get away with for a living and in the sense that I advocate robust policing and harsh punishment for criminals I could be described as 'right wing'. I don't see what these twats bring to the cause of 'defending Englishness' but, as I'm not English, that might explain why I think they're cunts.

Then again, that might be down to their intrinsic cuntishness.

• Like Like x 4
  12. So the fact that they planned to reOccupy London had nothing to do with it, I've been banned from their pages for daring to hold a reasonable dialogue with them, just asking questions, namely why they started singing football songs while the Centaph service was still in progress yesterday. Obviously I'm not entitled to an answer nor is anyone who posts slightly opposing views on their sites. They also reckon on their FB pages that the BBC have admitted that their arrest was wrong, there's no link posted there or on the BBC's own site.

13. These lowlife will be attending the Cenotaph tomorrow after noon around 14:00hrs, dressed in their best Sunday scruffs with a big fat skinhead leading banging away on a bass drum. If last year's "parade" was anything to go by, it'll look like a charity shop fashion parade. Even the Lofties are more welcome, but only just though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Would be nice if they did it at the Memorial on the A11 near Thetford on Monday about the same time. I should be battering through with a 44 tonner. Lets see how they defend against that.

• Like Like x 1