The furthest youve driven

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by scrofula, Jan 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, bored again. Now considering I can't drive, legally, anyway, it's a bit perky of me to start such a thread. However, I have been a passenger many times, and I reckon the best one was a Swedish chap who took me and a Serb all the way from sunny Slovakia to Calais, only a couple of stops. When we arrived at motorway Hell in Holland, he was so hunched over the wheel we thought he was checking the air conditioning. A king.

2. a 6' picket through your gob. 8O :wink: 8O :wink:

3. Hmmmm, tasted of.......wood?

4. Hampshire to Italy was a bit of a bitch, 22 hours or so.

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Got a drive Dunfermline to Ruhpolding in just over 4 weeks not looking forwards to that!

6. Glasgow-Minden 24hrs only 1 hours kip on the ferry. I say 1 hours kip but it was actually fcuk all kip due to lots of annoying french school kids singing a fcuking stupid french song I,

a- didn't like and
    b- didn't understand.
    It was a bit like that song, "I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves...."

I was chin strapped by the time I got Germany and fell asleep on a couple of occasions on the autobhan. Thankfully I didn't crash but only down to pure luck.

7. French National Anthem.

8. I'll be driving to Florence from Kent in May, any tips of decent passes through the Alps?
    Not doing it in one hit and thinking of stopping somewhere near Chamonix, open to suggestions though.

9. About 8 inches 'down thrust' with her knees sellotaped behind her ears..... :roll:

10. Hohne to Falkirk ( central scotland ) in 23 hours

left Hohne 16.15 friday
    arrived Falkirk 15.15 saturday

I was feckin knackered

11. Gornji Vakuf (Bosnia) to Aldershot, 5 days and a few stop overs, but what a ball.

Why do Italian police thnik looking good is more important than doing their job?

12. About 5300 km - from Maine to California.

13. around 5300 km as well

14. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

BATUS to Seattle with only brew/pro-plus stops.

15. 1983. West Berlin to Zagora in Morocco ... and back. But we took it in turns to drive. About 10,000 miles return.

Regularly from Kentistan to Aberdeen (about 600miles) and then 12 hours of ship to Shetland. Soon to cease as we are getting another motor and leaving it up there :D