The Fun Police strike again (PRS this time)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by free2go, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Listening to your radio at work can now get you into a whole world of woe!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7029892.stm

What are we allowed to do these days? Does this spell the end for the hanger/workshop/etc radio then! The implications are huge! The person's radio/TV that's to loud in the bunk next door. Will it be films/DVDs (not my wild life ones though :wink: ) next?

It can only get better, Honest!

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Load of bollox, the radio station pays the royalty.

3. Have I missed the point, surely the point of a radio station is to broadcast music ( or drama/news etc in the caseof R4) to the general public - in fact I believe in the war it was specifically broadcast to factory workers etc?

I could just about see it as an ridiculous H&S measure, but performing rights? What if I play my car radio too loudly? Am I too in breach of this? If so think of all the chavvy boy racers that are about to be sued. Perhaps we all need headphones.

4. Whatever next... does this spell the end for those annoying idiots on the train who delight us with the drum beat of their ipod melodies. :wink:

5. This country makes me want to die.

6. and also if you have more that one person in the car, you would not be allowed to switch the radio on!!

7. PRS - Money grabbing b*st*rds - Staffed mainly by retired pigs. :x

8. a radio is either a transmitter or a receiver or in some cases both... its doing what its designed to.. and quite rightly said above by Ord_Sgt the radio station in question pays the royalties.. I cannot believe that the judge involved is actually allowing this case to go forward... how pathetic can this country get ?

9. Why not waste money on such a court case that will go on for ages and make alot of people alot of money.

Fcuk letting joe bloggs get into court and sue comet for making him wait 3 weeks for a fridge/freezer (that he paid for) when its stored 2 miles away in a depot.

10. :lol: Wow 200,000 quid now thats what I call a Kwik Fit up you deaf people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D Silence is golden? :D

11. And the judiciary wonder why we have little faith in them or the courts, i can only surmise that they care little about this perception and care little about the fact that scurrilous cases undermine the rule of law.

12. Bang on the money me thinks

13. This case seems a little petty to me and deserves to lose. If Kwik-Fit were re-brodcasting the radio music over load-speakers I could understand it being a 'Public Broadcast' but not a fitters personnal radio which you 'may' overhear, where as others rightly say the radio station has already paid a broadcast fee for 'personnal use'

Sky TV has a similar action against pubs who do not pay a Commercial Premises fee for large screen TV's in bars where it can be 100's of pounds for an extra usage fee on top of the government's TV license.

With Sky this is done by a higher monthly fee than you or I pay at home:

http://business.sky.com/pubs_packages.asp

14. i have just passed the builders at the top of our rd who are renovating a house..
    their radio is blasting down the street..
    i was tempted to tell them about this but thought better of it..

IT IS SO TRIVIAL AND STUPID..

BESIDES,,THERE WAS MORE OF THEM AND THEY ARE BIGGER THAN ME..

15. IIRC some years ago a hairdresser was taken to court for having a radio (wireless, it was a long time ago) playing in the salon. So it's not a new phenomenon.
    Perhaps this is a test as a result of the recent case of illegal downloads from the net.