The Frogman speaks

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Jun 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003544.html

Link to Article above,:

Vice Adm. Eric Olson to become the head of Special Operations Command. Olson would be the first SEAL to reach that component commander rank and would be the first SEAL to take over a community long dominated by the Army.

I’ve had occasion to interview Adm. Olson in the past and far from the image of a spec ops knuckle dragger, I found him open, honest, confident and comfortable with the media. We at DT wish him luck.

Olson sat beside another very qualified colleague at the hearing who’s been nominated to become the ASD for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict.

See link for the rest of the article.

2. Wasn't "The Frogman Speaks" a headline in the National Inquirer a while back? :D

3. Trip_Wire,

I thought Dick Marcinko was the 'Frogman'. Or was it the 'Sharkman".

What's your view on him, by the way?

4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I think the media hung that name on the article.

I must admit I have read a number of his books in the past; however, I grew tired of the same old plot(s) with minor changes. He seems to blow his own horn a lot.

I don't hear a lot of good stuff, about Mr. Marcinko from the SEAL Community. He isn't the sort of person that I would hang around with or count as a close companion.

I met him once, at a Special Forces Reunion at Ft. Bragg, NC, he was wearing a pony tail at the time. I wasn't impressed with him.

5. Thanks for the post Trip.
    Lots of wish list stuff about the language courses and bits of kit/ boys toys. Nothing said about retention, unless I missed it.
    With the growth of the private sector, how good is the US at keeping hold of it's best and brightest?
    I saw somewhere that Blackwater has over 10,000 operatives on their books! Can't all be chefs...

6. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Money talks! :wink:

7. Who's doing most of the talking? From your post it would not appear to be a problem for the US SOF. My thinking is that Mr Prince will be president soonish. Or just Caesar.