The French snub Her Majesty

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CharlieBubbles, May 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Buckingham Palace voiced anger last night after the French snubbed the Queen over next week's D-Day commemorations.
    Aides said senior royals had repeatedly made clear their eagerness to support the historic 65th anniversary events in Normandy.
    But last night French officials crushed any remaining hopes, admitting they had never had any plans to invite members of the British Royal Family.
    They said President Nicolas Sarkozy was focused on the 'main event' of hosting U.S. President Barack Obama.
    There was also anger at the British Government for failing to secure a Royal invitation from their French counterparts. Protocol means they cannot simply invite themselves.
    The failure to invite the Queen - who is head of state of both Britain and Canada - will be seen as an insult to the memory of the 17,556 British and 5,316 Canadian troops who died to free France and are buried there.
  2. ding ding!!

who has got the keys then ???
  3. Why don't we do a re-creation and bombard the beaches during the ceremony, to show what it was like?
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Nuke them! Nuke them now!

Oh, wait, its the Daily Mail. Stand down.
  5. The next time someone invades France, let the French sort it out themselves...........
  6. Let the fcukers sort themselves out the next time Germany goes walkabout, the lazy cheese eating surrender monkeys.
  7. I'm just filled with so much RAAAAAAGE, quick somebody pass me my picture of those kittens with cute pink noses so I can calm down!! Thank God for the Daily Mail, without them I wouldn't be able to get my daily dose of hate!
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A French Tony by the looks of it, a sycophantic greaser with no concept of history.
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Well, we all know that America won the war, so why are we not surprised that our own Civil Serpents and Politicos, not known for their support of things Royal or Military, are supporting that view?
  10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

With what? Can the NAvy cope with that extra commitment?
  11. Well, we here in the UK should make a special extra event on Trafalgar Day, 21st of October. Tell any PC wittering Numpties to stay clear, and don't invite Mr Sarky-ozee or his Bit on the Side......

Keep Pa Broone and his Cabinet Numpties away as well.......... :p :p
  12. Sounds like the frogs are trying to get extra cosey with the US, and in doing so have disrespected the memory of the Brits that fell on their soil!

1 Ticket for the outrage bus please. :x

Sorry, forgot to mention the Canadians aswell, no disrespect intended.
  13. Or a massive Waterloo / Traflagar / Dien Bien Phu parade and then invite Sarkozy to attend......... :twisted:
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Far better to sink their navy again.
  15. Nah - it's getting boring!