The French snub Her Majesty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-royals-65th-Anniversary--Brown-wont-act.html

Buckingham Palace voiced anger last night after the French snubbed the Queen over next week's D-Day commemorations.
Aides said senior royals had repeatedly made clear their eagerness to support the historic 65th anniversary events in Normandy.
But last night French officials crushed any remaining hopes, admitting they had never had any plans to invite members of the British Royal Family.
They said President Nicolas Sarkozy was focused on the 'main event' of hosting U.S. President Barack Obama.
There was also anger at the British Government for failing to secure a Royal invitation from their French counterparts. Protocol means they cannot simply invite themselves.
The failure to invite the Queen - who is head of state of both Britain and Canada - will be seen as an insult to the memory of the 17,556 British and 5,316 Canadian troops who died to free France and are buried there.

Why don't we do a re-creation and bombard the beaches during the ceremony, to show what it was like?

The next time someone invades France, let the French sort it out themselves...........

I'm just filled with so much RAAAAAAGE, quick somebody pass me my picture of those kittens with cute pink noses so I can calm down!! Thank God for the Daily Mail, without them I wouldn't be able to get my daily dose of hate!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, we all know that America won the war, so why are we not surprised that our own Civil Serpents and Politicos, not known for their support of things Royal or Military, are supporting that view?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Magdovus said:
Why don't we do a re-creation and bombard the beaches during the ceremony, to show what it was like?
With what? Can the NAvy cope with that extra commitment?

Well, we here in the UK should make a special extra event on Trafalgar Day, 21st of October. Tell any PC wittering Numpties to stay clear, and don't invite Mr Sarky-ozee or his Bit on the Side......

Keep Pa Broone and his Cabinet Numpties away as well.......... :p :p

Sounds like the frogs are trying to get extra cosey with the US, and in doing so have disrespected the memory of the Brits that fell on their soil!

1 Ticket for the outrage bus please. :x

Sorry, forgot to mention the Canadians aswell, no disrespect intended.

uncle_vanya said:
Well, we here in the UK should make a special extra event on Trafalgar Day, 21st of October. Tell any PC wittering Numpties to stay clear, and don't invite Mr Sarky-ozee or his Bit on the Side......

Or a massive Waterloo / Traflagar / Dien Bien Phu parade and then invite Sarkozy to attend......... :twisted:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Far better to sink their navy again.

box-of-frogs said:
uncle_vanya said:

Or a massive Waterloo / Traflagar / Dien Bien Phu parade and then invite Sarkozy to attend......... :twisted:
How about a re-inactment of Agincourt. With real archers... :twisted:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Werewolf said:
box-of-frogs said:
uncle_vanya said:

and Crecy... and Poitiers and the Nile and the Peninsula Campaign and.... this could go on for a while. I'll stop now. Feel free to continue if you want. :D

Werewolf said:
box-of-frogs said:
uncle_vanya said:

And have Her Maj on an armour plated steed observing the tussle from high ground.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Did you lot all fall asleep during your LOAC training? Never get away with another Agincourt after the prisoners incident last time.

chrisg46 said:
Magdovus said:
With what? Can the NAvy cope with that extra commitment?
A few Sea Scouts and a troop of Girl Guides should be enough.