The French.... I cant believe Im congratulating the French

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by crispy_haddock, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. President Chiraq (or however the hell you spell it) has come on French Television admitting defeat in the refurendum on the EU constitution.

Exit polls say 55% voted non!

For once our cheese-eating neighbours have done something useful....
  2. Good news indeed, will have to wait till it comes in the papers or on line for a good read though
  3. So, the Frogs have rejected it because it's too Anglo Saxon, we're probably going to reject it because it's too French.

One United Europe!! :?:
  4. Would be like the old fox chicken and a cabbage riddle or whatever it is - without the farmer to keep them apart.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think that now the frogs have rejected the EU the coutry should be chopped off, dragged out into the southern Atlantic and sunk with all hands.

Actually I don't but it is nice to see France coming to its senses.
  6. Now that would be a sight for British eyes....
  7. I for this once and once only, will say well done the French for sinking this pile of shiit :twisted:

Now T Bliar can breath a sigh of relief as he knew we would vote against it also
  8. The EUcrats have said that they want it to go ahead regardless of this, and any future No votes.

They should just give up on all pretences of democracy.

La France a voté "NON" - Nederland moet nu ook "NEE" stemmen! That should hopefully kill it off...
  9. Auld-Yin

Do you mean to say that the frogs have let T Bliar off the hook? Barstewards.
  10. I know, I know....I'd like to see T Bliar squirm while we shaft his ideas of an EU constitution but well done the French :p

Damn that's twice I've thanked them :x At this rate, people will think I love em 8O
  11. I'm sure there's no fear of that DL, we know your views too well for that :wink:

Does this mean we won't get a vote on the issue now?
    I was looking forward to that little show of democracy
  12. Auld-Yin

Democrary - Britain :cry: Hipocrisy more like.
  13. I am-presently-in Paris,celebrating with some friends formerly of 2 REP.It is said that the boss of the FN(a former paratrooper) may turn up at a breakfast tomorrow.They think of the 'nu' Euro Army much as we do,and hope that this vote may bring Europe's ''professional'' (many unelected) politicians to their senses.The Germans put the thing through their parliament,believing that such a decision could not be left to the voters!
  14. Always said the Frog would reject this vote. Never beleived that from Cheerac down the Frog ever want a vote with equality for all. The pathetic frog T W A T wants a system which gives it sumthing for nothing, a place at the high table where it can play world statesman.
    Hate the B'stards
    Oh what a luvvly day now a pictute on front page of Scum Blur being ridden by Mengler would make it complete.