The French Foreign Legion - the last option for those desper

Were do i sign??

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Depserate to be what? French?? Good god....

The informative and respectful tone adopted by Neil Teedie, Daily Telegraph, suggests that he is a man who has served in the armed services. Honest.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
"We don’t accept the hardened criminals any more, the murderers or rapists," says Capt Samir Benykrelef, "so this makes our job easier." .
Thats most of the members on here fukced then :D

What a pointless shower of sh1t...

2 REP is suposedly full of Brits who want out as the are doing FA, 2 REI full of Brazilians. Mate of mine just came back from failing selleection but he was 38 and suposewdly it was his eyesight that let him down.

the_boy_syrup said:
"We don’t accept the hardened criminals any more, the murderers or rapists," says Capt Samir Benykrelef, "so this makes our job easier." .
Thats most of the members on here fukced then :D
He left out the word 'convicted', so there's still a chance for some.

haha awesome bit of writing, obv served
"New recruits get about £1,000 a month and a shiny new rifle, which they are supposed never to leave on the battlefield. One practice popular in the main French army at certain times – surrendering – is not encouraged in the Legion"

I still canot understand why the Legion is considered "elite" thogh.

callum13 said:
haha awesome bit of writing, obv served
"New recruits get about £1,000 a month and a shiny new rifle, which they are supposed never to leave on the battlefield. One practice popular in the main French army at certain times – surrendering – is not encouraged in the Legion"

I still canot understand why the Legion is considered "elite" thogh.
I suppose it's because they are elite when compared to their peers in the French Army. Mind you when I went to visit our kid at Aubagne (He was in for 18 years, just got out recently as a Caporal Chef) it just seemed like any other infantry outfit but with different traditions.

Oh my sh*t, am i stoned?
or can i get away with disoning mon famillie?
t'is too good mon

In all honesty, it doesn't look like a bad life, living in Corsica chatting up tourists with your silly hat on.

The money is sh1t though, and you might have to die for France.

Always made me laugh that 2 REP's SF unit is called CRAP.

Although, they do get paid in euros so perhaps it will be a better option than the British Army if Brown/Darling carry on.

I think if I wanted to get away from it all though I'd just pay to put myself through an SIA approved course and earn 50k a year doing static security stagging on in Iraq.

The Legion is a fanny magnet on the French Riviera and beats trying to pick up some fat munter in Colchester, Harrogate or Aldershot.

edited once for typo.