The Freedom of Melton Mowbray

In a meeting held last night in the council chambers in Melton mowbray Councilors Ashford,Scaleford and the Mayor councilor Elainne Hollmes decided to grant the freedom of the borough of Melton Mowbray to The Army Dog Unit Northern Ireland. This unit has had a lot to do with the borough from the years 1973 to 2007 and has now formed an Association which recently took part in the remembrance parade in Whitehall in front of HM the Queen.The council will invite the unit to take part in the parade for which a time and date will be set for 2010

mayorofmelton said:
In a meeting held last night in the council chambers in Melton mowbray Councilors Ashford,Scaleford and the Mayor councilor Elainne Hollmes decided to grant the freedom of the borough of Melton Mowbray to The Army Dog Unit Northern Ireland. This unit has had a lot to do with the borough from the years 1973 to 2007 and has now formed an Association which recently took part in the remembrance parade in Whitehall in front of HM the Queen.The council will invite the unit to take part in the parade for which a time and date will be set for 2010
Excellent, thanks for that news.

Wonder why they announce it hear?
Surely this would be a worthy item on local BBC News?

Oh and well done.

PS. No mention of this on the councils website?

A fine choice. Our family got one of the failed Springer search dogs from there a few years ago. Great pet, attention span of a guppy.

Well done Mayor, we are now all waiting for the pie factory tour.

A freedom parade with all those dogs being marched past pie-shops.

I confidently predict chaos.

As an interesting fact Melton Mowbray is also where Stilton cheese comes from, it was sold at Stilton because that was on the mail coach run, at a coaching inn.(I like Stilton I do).

Invershneckie said:
Pah - He changed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if you are going to blow your anonymity do it big stylee!!! :lol:

Mate keep an eye on this site:

http://www.melton.gov.uk

and their news section:

http://www.melton.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_news.aspx

It also has the contact details on there.

I hate to say this, but I have my suspicions about it. There has been no press release, and the only internet buzz is on ARRSE. Couple that with the fact that the Mayor cannot spell her own name on here and..........

I really hope that I am wrong, but the RAVC already holds the Freedom (granted 29/09/77) as does HMS Quorn (07).

If it is a false report I cannot understand why it has been done; even for a wind up.

Gremlin said:
Well if you are going to blow your anonymity do it big stylee!!! :lol:
It would be more fitting if he did it doggy style.