The Freedom of Melton Mowbray

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mayorofmelton, Nov 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a meeting held last night in the council chambers in Melton mowbray Councilors Ashford,Scaleford and the Mayor councilor Elainne Hollmes decided to grant the freedom of the borough of Melton Mowbray to The Army Dog Unit Northern Ireland. This unit has had a lot to do with the borough from the years 1973 to 2007 and has now formed an Association which recently took part in the remembrance parade in Whitehall in front of HM the Queen.The council will invite the unit to take part in the parade for which a time and date will be set for 2010
  2. Thought you were famous for making pies mostly made with fat & gristle in them?

Oh and some great PR for you to councilor.
  3. Excellent, thanks for that news.
  4. Well done! :)
  5. Good drills!
  6. Well done to the Melton mowbray Councilors.

Since this is CA I will not mention the local foodstuffs
  7. Wonder why they announce it hear?
    Surely this would be a worthy item on local BBC News?

Oh and well done.

PS. No mention of this on the councils website?
  8. Nice.
    Free pies for all arrsers?
  9. well done.
  10. A well deserved recognition for the 4 legged members of the bomb and search teams, and their trainers/handlers. I have the utmost respect for them.
  11. A fine choice. Our family got one of the failed Springer search dogs from there a few years ago. Great pet, attention span of a guppy.
  12. Well done Mayor, we are now all waiting for the pie factory tour.
  13. Mayor denies 'pies for votes' claim
  14. A freedom parade with all those dogs being marched past pie-shops.

I confidently predict chaos.
  15. As an interesting fact Melton Mowbray is also where Stilton cheese comes from, it was sold at Stilton because that was on the mail coach run, at a coaching inn.(I like Stilton I do).