The Fosse Way

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by The Fosse Way Walk, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes I know this is a different user name and the more observant amongst you know who I am. This name has been used because we might get some visitors from outside (Those civvy typepeople, 90% of members on here) and I would rather raise money than end up in court if I used my real user name.AnywayThere are now 2 of us doing it, moi and a civvy (He’s the one who gave me the Brandy so he’s to blame)We now have a support wagon and driver.Rations are sorted (thanks DCWO)Route sorted, given below, just the finer details to sort out.Day 1 - Exeter to Honiton - 18 MilesDay 2 - Honiton to Ilchester - 26 MilesDay 3 - Ilchester to Camerton - 25 MilesDay 4 - Camerton to Eastern Gray - 23 MilesDay 5 - Eastern Gray - Bourton on the Water - 29 MilesDay 6 - Bourton on the Water - High Cross - 22 MilesDay 7 - Highcross to - Leicester - 26 MilesDay 8 - Leicester to Brough - 24 MilesDay 9 - Brough to Lincoln - 10 MilesOn paper it doesn't look that bad but we will see.All that's left to do now is sort out accom, good walking gear and the Just Giving thingy.Will keep you lot in the loop.

2. That didn't work to well I will try again: DII won't let me edit.There are now 2 of us doing it, moi and a civvy (He’s the one who gave me the Brandy so he’s to blame)We now have a support wagon and driver.Rations are sorted (thanks DCWO)Route sorted, given below, just the finer details to sort outDay 1 - Exeter to Honiton - 18 MilesDay 2 - Honiton to Ilchester - 26 MilesDay 3 - Ilchester to Camerton - 25 MilesDay 4 - Camerton to Eastern Gray - 23 MilesDay 5 - Eastern Gray - Bourton on the Water - 29 MilesDay 6 - Bourton on the Water - High Cross - 22 MilesDay 7 - Highcross to - Leicester - 26 MilesDay 8 - Leicester to Brough - 24 MilesDay 9 - Brough to Lincoln - 10 MilesOn paper it doesn't look that bad but we will see.All that's left to do now is sort out accom, good walking gear and the Just Giving thingy.Will keep you lot in the loop.

3. Thanks so far to:pygshite FreemanGOC 3 DivHQ 3 Div3DSRH4HGrownUp RAFbrat.

4. Ah, so you are finally about to do the do. Did you get a website sorted?

5. Much respect to you mate. And it is a bleddy good idea, and good luck with it. Be safe, as from memory a couple of years ago on a lone effort over 20 miles a day, could have been dogmeat for some of those drivers. Taking a mate is great, it's pretty lonely when you get wet through or pissed off, sore feet and tired. One memory from the days of long charity walking was the ambivalence when you're tired. Don't listen to the little shit on your shoulder telling you to give up or pack it in. There's not much you don't already know. Good luck, take care of yourselves and your safety. Will we get updates on the effort?