The forthcoming game shooting season

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Aug 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

With the season only two months off I am in need of some employment either beating or picking up for myself and the dogs! I am available saturdays and some weekdays and have a good pack of Spaniels. East Sussex preferred but I will travel if needed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  2. What happened to your shoot?

If we were closer you'd be more than welcome.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Land agent leased it for more!

4. Bastards.
    UK Coal are trying to open cast half of ours
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Are miners protected by a closed season?

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

UK Coal do not employ miners. The ******* employ lawyers and they have deep pockets. They will dig up your woods then, in 10 years time, turn the mess into a country park with swings for the kids. Do not start me on UK Coal.

No chance of a bit of rough shooting for a farmer friend? That may sometimes turn into a wood or copse or a bit of marshy ground that could be the basis for a shoot.
  7. Thats exactly what they're proposing so even when they finish with it we dont get the shooting back
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No closed season on Lawyers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Probably way too far away for you but Burton Agnes estate in East Yorkshire usually need beaters over the season, always a nice bit of pocket money and a days banter. There's plenty of good shoots all over this area for anyone looking to make a few quid and exercise the dogs, Sledmere is a good one too
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yup, even Hampshire is out of reach at the moment, I'm trying to keep travelling down if possible after 10 years of 2 hours each way!
  11. Without wishing to sound like I`m teaching you to suck eggs , start buying the Shooting Times and call the keepers advertising in your area.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I won't buy that rag, I'll use NOBS and as an NGO member I will keep in touch that way!

13. I got my present gig through NOBS, hope you get sorted out soon!
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator