The Forgotten Heroes bank account

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by dougl67, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

You may remember back in November, I launched a new charity called The Forgotten Heroes. Just to remind you of what we are trying to achieve

The Forgotten Heroes is dedicated to the support of those who are simply taken for granted and whom everybody assumes are coping well and with no issues. These people are the carers, those who give up everything in their lives to care for those of us who have been wounded or injured during our service. These people’s lives change as dramatically as those of us who have been wounded and left with lifetime injuries.

The Forgotten Heroes Charity is dedicated to assisting our wounded or injured Servicemen and women together with their families and carers whose lives have changed dramatically in the service of their country. The Forgotten Heroes is committed to providing quality information and assistance in an effort to upgrade the quality of life for our heroes and their families by raising the standards of support for those who have given what we can never repay.

Well now the bank account has finally arrived, we are classed as a Foundation at the moment until we hit the magic figure of £5,000pa. We have achieved so much in such a short time without any funding. I have managed to win 2 Tribunals for people & have 3 more pending, I have re homed a married couple, I have intervened against debt collectors and managed a realistic repayment plan, I have become a part of Leeds City Councils working Group for Veterans, I have launched a Poppy appeal, I have been in the papers raising awareness, The Forgotten Heroes have team'd up with the Military Families Support Group (MFSG) & Holidays 4 Heroes (ARRSE Sponsors) and finally I have helped raise donations for the RBL. All within 3 months.

Now The Forgotten Heroes has an account up and running and we are applying for funding to various places, so that we can really make an impact. Now I would like to ask for people to dig into their pockets. I don’t ask for much, a pound is good, 2 pounds is better. 5 Pounds would be fantastic. For 5 pounds and above, please contact me via PM or the contact details of the website http://www.theforgottenheroes.co.uk/ I will send you a form so we can reclaim tax.

Electronically transfer from Bank to Bank

Lloyds TSB
    Sort Code 30-65-22
    Acc No 34303360

Cheques made payable to

The Forgotten Heroes
    Phoenix House
    3 South Parade
    Leeds
    LS1 5QX

Please dig deep :D

Sincerely
    Adam

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Out of interest what percentage of costs are charged to administration?

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I've seen nothing linking you with Holidays 4 Heroes, MDN? Is this genuine?

4. At the moment (zero) its all been done/managed by kind donation

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

6. Err yes, please check out http://www.mfsg.org.uk/links/linkList.asp?linkCatID=6 and as for H4H, dont know, PM Dave he might explain

7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Yes we have met and we are working together

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Why, have posted here, do you think it necessary to pm people with exactly the same post?

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

More than happy to be educated, I missed the original thread. Donation incoming. Thanks Sixty.

10. Thanks Dave :D

11. PM'd everybody who replied on 11 Nov, to remind them of their offers :D

12. Many thanks for the PM D0lly86 Thank you

13. Thank you for the donation DozyBint, tax form on the way and thank you for showing the support and donation that you are making.

Sincerely Adam

14. Guys,

I have had a cracking story published in the Yorkshire Post today. Its lifted the lid on theMedical Group that performs all the medical examinations on behalf of the DWP & SPVA.

The story was written so well, that BBC Sheffield would like to interview anybody in Sheffield/Doncaster area who have had trouble with Forces related pensions or other benefits. They would be particularly interested in anybody that has had to go to Tribunal or Court to win their entitlements.

PM if you want to get the Contact details of Andy Kershaw BBC Sheffield.

Incidentally, the writer of the story in the Post is starting for a mainstream National paper next week. He is keen to continue with this story.

Interested people who want to talk to him about it should also PM me.

We can only change things if we keep the pressure and momentum up, so don't hesitate to get in touch.

Just bumping this along See my post regarding Charity Donations reference The Forgotten Heroes, it would help if people could consider the original message regarding donations! :D

Adam

15. Guys, many thanks for the donations that have started to arrive, for those of you that have sent in above £5.00, please dont forget to requests a charity donation form so we can claim any tax back. :D