The Fookin Bomb Squad - Volunteers?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The Booth, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've recently watched the BBC documentary "Bomb Squad". Let me start by saying that I'm not in the military but I'm a very proud father of a RE. The TV programme followed a team dealing with IED's and it wasn't clear what regiment/unit etc they were from and if they volunteered for that role. These guys are undoubtdly super brave, heroes to a man, but unfortunatey a young lad lost 3 limbs.

I know that 33eng are EOD but do other/all regiments do similar roles and crucially is it a job that lads volunteer for - or is it a case of any soldier/engineer can be given a vallon and told to sweep for IED's.

As a concerned dad of a sapper I'd appreciate any insight especially from serving engineers that doesn't jeopardy security.

2. How long before someone shouts journo?
  3. The RLC have an EOD capability. I don't know about the RLC, but RE EOD is a normal posting.
  4. journooooooo! journooooooo! journooooooo!
  5. Iya Linda Darnell,

No journo just a worried parent. Sorry to hear your house burned down, you should know better than to smoke in bed at your age!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fookn ell King Walt,

Respect to all soldiers but is somebody on this forum sellin Paranoid pills?
    I'm sure a journo could get anything I asked from an official army source no problem!
  7. Shhh jouno
  8. Thanks for the reply eodmatt,
    your name gives me a clue that your doing the job now.
  9. Im not 100% but i think the Crabtastics also have EOD guys but im not sure
  10. Walter,
    you got nothin to add, go to bed, tomorrows another day - you will wake up sober
  11. Linda, U got me, I'll ask ..... Wot are crabtastics?
    the punchline betta be good
  12. Royal air force, sorry not that good :p
  13. Sshhh. OPSEC.

14. Your son may know the answer.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. His son Achmed perhaps.