The flying chef of Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Dec 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Stop press........tradesman doing his job............
    • Like Like x 4
  3. In other news, people doing job they are paid to do! Shocking!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Still amazes me that you call your bait layers chefs. Gordon Ramsay is a chef. Army cooks are just fitter and turners.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ^ Ah yes, the classic F&T, always good for a giggle in the mess. Although, there is a move afoot to call them - cooks, chefs. Pffffffft!
  6. Army chefs galore

Chow Palace

Mil Show Resized 2-1.jpg
  7. ****, the one on the right looks like a WO Caterer we had years done for Misapproriation of Service Rations. **** was stealing mess food and flogging it off, this was in the time when we had butchers and had a bit of a side line going on with the deliveries of whole beef/lamb/pork carcasses.
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Lads were probably enjoying two sausages before the proffesionals turned up and enforced the rules.

Will you be setting up a thread for all the other guys doing their jobs who've helped super chef get to his destination?
  9. You realise that this is an automatic feed that you can put on ignore, like anyone else?
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Where would the fun be in that.

Someday he might just post something truely outstanding
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

From memory, doesn't the flying chef get there by glider while merrily bellowing 'more pepper!" at all and sundry?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. As an ex army chef i agree this is a tradesman just doing his job, except hes not. As a warrant officer his cooking days are behind him, this is the equivalent to the RSM stagging on in a sanger (yes i know warrant officers, RSM's and CO's are out on the ground daily but they do get media coverage and this is all this lad is getting is a bit of media coverage). In these days of redundancies the days of the army chef are now very few, army chefs are an easy target for abuse and as such we are thick skinned and get our own back (do you really know what you have just eaten). Careful for what you all wish for as you will all be getting fed by contractor asian caterers. As i have worked in afgan for 2 1/2 years as a civi inspecting these said contractors some of what they serve and the way they prepare and cook it is nothing short of shocking. Enjoy!!! (ready for the incoming abuse)
  13. I remember when I was on my SGT subject 1 course and on it was a cook who was an instructor at the cookery school, anyhoo, got chatting and he tells me about the students, individually, have to cook up meals, not just your toast and baked beens stuff, but ****ing huge banquets ie Dining In nights etc all to be assessed then thrown out. By all accounts there's nothing wrong with the meals, just not to be eaten as the students are not yet qualified army cooks. He could of been bullshiting me, thinking you dumb grunt, dunno.
  14. Please get your arrse down to KAF and inspect the Cambridge cookhouse. What they do there is a crime to food, and they say they are the British cook house. It is sickening there, they don't even clean the ice cream machine, I know, because I spent time bottom pissing because of it.