The flashing blade!

"You've got to fight for what you want, for all that you believe!
For love and life and happiness are well worth fighting for..."

School holiday morning TV - every year! It was great, preceded by noggin the nog and of course the White Horses...

I was never allowed to watch White Horses because apparently, the version dubbed from Czechoslovakian was full of subliminal messages that would turn me into a seven year old communist. Much more up my street was the Banana Splits - pure class.

Jorrocks said:
I was never allowed to watch White Horses because apparently, the version dubbed from Czechoslovakian was full of subliminal messages that would turn me into a seven year old communist. Much more up my street was the Banana Splits - pure class.[/quote]

clicky

:headbang:

Getting old now i know but does any one remember a Saturday morning programe around the same time something to do with the French airforce. I have vauge recolections of this.

wheel said:
Getting old now i know but does any one remember a Saturday morning programe around the same time something to do with the French airforce. I have vauge recolections of this.

So do I mate was it Aeronauts or something like that

wheel
did it involve helicopters and french foreign legion parachuting? cause I think I remember it as well.

and bad news ... there was no seaman staines, roger the cabin boy or master bates. .... a cnut I know. It was Tim the Cabin boy and Master Mate. however the ship was called the Black Pig.

rabid_hamster said:
wheel
did it involve helicopters and french foreign legion parachuting? cause I think I remember it as well.

Nope definately revolved around two Mirage pilots.
One Alain Delon lookalike and a slightly comical sidekick.

Very badley dubbed as I recall

I believe it was set in Dijon for some REALLY obscure reason.

On an aside does anyone recall the p1ss take of the Flashing Blade, where it was "alternatively"dubbed?

And Arabian Knights sucked the big one.

My fave bit of Banana Splits was Dear Drooper....

Anyone remember the Australian childrens TV shows? They used to have loads of them and I liked them all, the sun was always shining which is a bonus if you come from a Warrington council estate and they always had top theme tunes...

Catch Kandy
Baileys Bird
Solo One
Falcon Island
CHOPPER SQUAD!!!

And that fcking helicopter of theirs... shat on Magnum PI anyway!

RHODESIAN said:
wheel said:

So do I mate was it Aeronauts or something like that

Absolute spot on. Altogther now...

"Do or die aeronauts"

Also

Space 1999 (Still on UK TV Gold)
The Double Deckers
Randall & Hopkirk Deceased
UFO
The Baron
Danger Man
Hogans Heroes
Garrisons Guerillas

Banana Splits - Uh oh, its danger island next...

Attachments

Cuddles said:
"You've got to fight for what you want, for all that you believe!
For love and life and happiness are well worth fighting for..."

School holiday morning TV - every year! It was great, preceded by noggin the nog and of course the White Horses...

Oh yes....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The NAAFI Bar 4
l/cpl_blowhard The Intelligence Cell 38
brettarider The NAAFI Bar 13