The first ever ARRSE Newsletter

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

If you are a registered user you will get the first newsletter. See comments at the end of this post and somewhere else in this thread

In the next couple of days we will send out the first ever ARRSE newsletter. As well as a bit of news we aim to let you keep up with the latest on the site, and it will include:

- The most popular 10 topics of the last 7 days (by number of posts), excluding the NAAFI Bar for obvious reasons

- The 10 most prolific users of the last 7 days

- BCO's comment on the key goings-on here

- An instant password recovery tool rather than the devil possesed standard one.

- T-shirt adverts of course :)

Are there any other requests for useful info that could be included? If you hadn't used ARRSE for a while what would be interesting to know?

If you're a browser but want to get this please create and account here: http://www.arrse.co.uk/Your_Account/register.html.

Other users, you may want to update your email address so you get this fine item. If so let us know on admin@arrse.co.uk

No more than once a week. Maybe once a fortnight depending on feedback.

[hr]

Because we've never shown the newsletter choice when registering all registered users will get one to start with, but there will of course be an unsubscribe link.

2. Nice one GoodCO.

Possibly suggest some stats relating to traffic?

3. A great idea Good/Bad...

Will look forward to Numero Uno, will we need to subscribe somewhere after the first one? no doubt there will be scope to add Ads etc.? any idea at this time of prices?

4. Social events coming up?

5. The M25 will be busy round jnct 9/10 due to the races this weekend.

6. Good CO,

An obvious question, perhaps, but why not just put the newsletter on the site and let the punters download as required?

PAW

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Like that. I'll check the social forum before it goes out each time.

Surely not many people are interested?

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Defeats the exercise a bit, no? If you're on the site anyway there isn't much point in giving news about what's on the site, and it certainly doesn't encourage those with long lost accounts or passwords to come back.

Have I just fallen for a huge wah?

And a request - please don't quote big chunks of text when there's no point whatsoever. It just makes threads awkward to read particularly on blackberrys etc.

9. E-mail sent, GCO, ref my e-mail addy, having probs.

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Now there's a useful aim - "admin request of the week". In this case the much abused quote button.

11. Wah the guvnor - never.

Request complied with.

12. J, are they going to include the inevitable IWM outings ??

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can't do photos - they'll make the emails too large and if I link to external ones a lot of people will start getting 'phishing' warnings and so on (sending people external images by email is a way of finding out their IP address).

14. Generate some cash (for charity or beer) by advertising.

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'll catch up again later.