The first Christian suicide bomber

Breivik expected to be killed in attack
July 26, 2011 - 10:04PM

AFP

Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik expected to be killed during the attack and believes that the war he hoped to spark is now under way, his lawyer said.

"He thought he'd be killed after the bombing, after the action on the island, and he also thought he'd be killed at trial," Geir Lippestad told journalists on Tuesday.

Breivik confessed to killing 76 people in last week's bombing in the capital of Oslo and the later shooting spree on Utoya Island at a Labour Party youth camp.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Asked whether Breivik, 32, thinks that his war is now under way, Lippestad said: "He believes that. He believes this war will continue for 60 years and in 60 years this war will be won."

Breivik has pleaded not guilty to the terrorism charges he faces, claiming he acted to save Europe from what he says is Muslim colonisation.

He has shown no sign of empathy with his 76 victims, his lawyer said.

"He was a little bit surprised that he succeeded, that in his mind he succeeded," Lippestad said

So he was sort of suicide bomber. For years people wonder "Why Are There No Christian Suicide Bombers?” "Is suicide bombings show Islam superiority?". Some assume whatever we think about suicide bombing it's still a mesmerising sign of devotion and lack of it is a deficit of faith. Do Christians lack the devotion or courage necessary to take their lives in pursuit of a greater cause?

I can't see any resemblance of the Norwegian shooter to a Christian suicide bomber. Where did he commit suicide? That is just media sensationalist shite and apologists rubbish. It is also debatable as to whether this was a terrorist attack. It was just the actions of some deranged nut.

Your links don't work by the way. One you have to log in and the other one brings up an error.

I can't see any resemblance of the Norwegian shooter to a Christian suicide bomber. Where did he commit suicide?
Yep, he wasn't intending to kill himself, he expected that someone would kill him; such actions wouldn't contravene the Christian taboos on suicide. Nothing worth discussing here.

Anyone replying to this should be aware that the OP is either some kind of fanatical, though inept, Israeli internet propagandist who regularly resorts to distortion and lies to support his/her views,

OR ELSE
is a fanatical Palestinian internet black ( hence Noir?) propagandist, who poses as an inept, lying Israeli propagandist to discredit the Israelis.

I'm not sure which.

He/she has also used other identities to post here but abandoned them when they became known. An O2 thief tag is long overdue.

PS I'd also be inclined to suspect the Norwegian nutter either isn't a devout Christian or else he is from some fringe Christian sect that interprets the 'Love thy neighbour/enemy' bit as 'Kill everyone'.
Religion does do that to some people.

B

Biscuits_AB

So he was sort of suicide bomber. For years people wonder "Why Are There No Christian Suicide Bombers?” "Is suicide bombings show Islam superiority?". Some assume whatever we think about suicide bombing it's still a mesmerising sign of devotion and lack of it is a deficit of faith. Do Christians lack the devotion or courage necessary to take their lives in pursuit of a greater cause?

Wow! That bored the arse right off me!

Well he set off a bomb, so he's a bomber. And he went on what he though was a suicide mission. So he's a suicide...bomber. Get it!

Or should that be suicidal bomber? In truth who really gives a shit what his intentions were or what he stands for. He's another nutcase that the world would be better off without.

It would be amusing to think that the Templars had an armed revolutionary wing, totally unlinked and deniable of course, like the Sinn Fein/PIRA situation, however I hope he has now been expelled from that organisation.
Templar and other established symbols do not seem to have been enough for him. It appears that he turned to an Indian firm to design a badge for himself. Not sure where it fits in in his great scheme of things, but a cross or dagger featured in it.
Report here, there is an annoying pop-up that goes away after about 20 seconds
Varanasi link in Norway killer's badge of death - The Times of India

I doubt he had any intention of committing suicide. If he had wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, all he needed to do was open fire on the police when they finally turned up. By all accounts he had enough ammo left.

ABB is a pyscho but he's not stupid; he would have been very aware of Norway's criminal justice system, which is an even bigger joke than the UK's. He can now look forward to spending the next 25 years or so in relative comfort, basking in his "celebrity" status. His only real problem is finding a good agent to deal with all the book and movie offers...

The wooly pully wearing Norsk nonce didn't have the bottle, otherwise he would have been sitting on his parliament bomb wearing ski goggles and a bat cape.

Instead he's sitting in a police interview room singing like Maria Callas.

The Norwegians exported their bottle overseas long ago, they are not the descendants of the vikings, as they claim. They are the descendants of those Vikings who chose to stay at home with their mum.

"Ooh no, Farne Islands in an open boat you say, rape and pillage you say, catholic men in dresses you say, no I can't make it, I'm washing my hair............"

Well he set off a bomb, so he's a bomber. And he went on what he though was a suicide mission. So he's a suicide...bomber. Get it!
Suicide bomber: It straps a bomb to itself and commits suicide by blowing itself up along with other people.

Did he do that? No, he didn't do that, so he's not a bloody suicide bomber.

He also didn't kill himself on his so called mission so it wasn't a suicide mission. Expecting a chance of being 'killed in action' is not suicide or all soldiers going into action would be suicidal.

The wooly pully wearing Norsk nonce didn't have the bottle, otherwise he would have been sitting on his parliament bomb wearing ski goggles and a bat cape.

Instead he's sitting in a police interview room singing like Maria Callas.

The Norwegians exported their bottle overseas long ago, they are not the descendants of the vikings, as they claim. They are the descendants of those Vikings who chose to stay at home with their mum.

"Ooh no, Farne Islands in an open boat you say, rape and pillage you say, catholic men in dresses you say, no I can't make it, I'm washing my hair............"
The rot set in when they turned Christian...

1222554154589.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg

Ironically, all the Scandinavian nations are themselves descended from early Germanic Tribes. And the Germans of course managed to keep the whole Rape and Pillage thing going, on a global scale, into the mid-Twentieth Century.:twisted:

View attachment 47356

Ironically, all the Scandinavian nations are themselves descended from early Germanic Tribes. And the Germans of course managed to keep the whole Rape and Pillage thing going, on a global scale, into the mid-Twentieth Century.:twisted:
It seems that the rot set in with the widespread Aesir / Vannir beliefs in the late sixth century. Life was suddenly so shit they decided that Ragnarok had happened (possibly due to Krakatoa erruption in 535 AD). Even the Romans got fed up and went home.

After Ragnarok, Odin's son Baldur (the fair) was supposed to return from the dead and rule the nine worlds in a shiny manner where everyone plays nice.

The appearance of a shiny new God who'd apparently just returned form the dead and thought that the meek should get more than just another kicking, was right up their street, it just took a further six hundred years for all of backwoods scandinavia (Sweden) to catch on.

It seems that the rot set in with the widespread Aesir / Vannir beliefs in the late sixth century. Life was suddenly so shit they decided that Ragnarok had happened (possibly due to Krakatoa erruption in 535 AD). Even the Romans got fed up and went home.

After Ragnarok, Odin's son Baldur (the fair) was supposed to return from the dead and rule the nine worlds in a shiny manner where everyone plays nice.

The appearance of a shiny new God who'd apparently just returned form the dead and thought that the meek should get more than just another kicking, was right up their street, it just took a further six hundred years for all of backwoods scandinavia (Sweden) to catch on.
Your comparisons between Balder the Fair and a certain Immortal Jewish Zombie are well made. On his death bed, the Norman leader Rollo the Walker ordered 100 slaves sacrificed to Odin and Thor. He then donated a huge amount of gold to the Church, on the understanding they would pray for his soul. He covered all his bets.

My bold: If memory serves, it took a full-blown Crusade against the "heathens" in order to "persuade" them to convert to Christianity.

In the UK there was no crusade, the Aesir beliefs simply petered out. Missionaries sidled up to English kings or their wives, showed them some shiny stuff and the rest is history.

Christianity was however well established in Britain before the Germanic and Scandinavian types turned up.

Here in northern Germany the Frankish kaiser Karl der grosse (Charlemagne) gave the heathen lower saxons and friesians a simple choice between the font and the block. Many chose the block, but those conversos who were forced through a christening did not revert. They'd given their word and that was important back then regardless of your belief.

The Swedes were the last to convert in the twelfth century, they always were a backward inbred bunch of blond *****!

In the UK there was no crusade, the Aesir beliefs simply petered out. Missionaries sidled up to English kings or their wives, showed them some shiny stuff and the rest is history.
Part correct, French wives of the Norman vikings did a lot of conversion. However the 'conversion' in England last well into the middle ages. Harrowing of the North was a nice little bit of Anglo-Norman christian conversion/genocide. Which followed numerous other battles to convert the heathens

Robin Hood is another Baldr in 'English' myth (I say English as it's only Danish areas of the UK who claim him). It's also closely linked to Danelaw independance, robbing the rich to feed the poor is likely a christian version of robbing the Anglo-Normans to get back their illegal tax gathering for the Danes (English taxes being illegal).

Also not sure on Baldr being portrayed as Jesus, in many places it is Thor who is Jesus (hammer and cross symbols being used in place of the other) and the descriptions of Loki pre Ragnarok sound very much like Christains turning on Heathens - another form of Jesus.
Also remember Jesus wasn't killed on a cross it was a tree, it was a few decades latter when the tree turned into a cross. Couldn't be a tree could it, yggdrasil.

Umm. I point to one deranged Norwegian as evidence that Christianity has, counter to doctrine, failed to stop the old massacaring ... unless, the atheists are just trying to large it up.

Now I'm confused. Again.

... because it seems the Boxheads are just the ancestors of those who had found some madly entertaining advert to watch with Mummy to avoid the rigours of Norway.

Unless it's just one of those things that skips a couple of hundred generations. ^^

Also remember Jesus wasn't killed on a cross it was a tree, it was a few decades latter when the tree turned into a cross. Couldn't be a tree could it, yggdrasil.
Odin hung on a tree and was rewarded with the knowledge of the runes. Religions always have borrowed heavily from each other, read about Thoth or Gilgamesh for more of the same story.

The bottom line is that if you trot out enough shit someone will always believe it.

Historically if you could get a king to believe it, or pay it lipservice, your gravy train gets fitted with a turbo.

I'm sick of religious gravy trains.

Umm. I point to one deranged Norwegian as evidence that Christianity has, counter to doctrine, failed to stop the old massacaring ... unless, the atheists are just trying to large it up.

Now I'm confused. Again.

... because it seems the Boxheads are just the ancestors of those who had found some madly entertaining advert to watch with Mummy to avoid the rigours of Norway.

Unless it's just one of those things that skips a couple of hundred generations. ^^
At one time they would have all considered themselves as celts, they all worshiped nature gods, the Vannir, their were language subgroups, but the art, metalurgy and the weaponry were all much the same from Scotland and ireland all the way south to Spain and east to the balkans and northern greece. Before the Greeks sailed to Troy they bought peace at home from their northern neighbours, the celts.

The Romans started carving them up into nations and tribes, you couldn't defeat "the Celts" and there was no victory, no laurel wreath, no tea and medals to be had fighting them. You had to invent names for subgroups and defeat one of those.

The Aesir belief came later and was almost as wide spread.

Some Scandinavian tribes moved south, the Goths came from the island Gotland of so they were not descended from Germanic types, their burgundian descendants ended up in central germany and france.

If old massacaring existed. Vikings tended to accept other peoples gods - muslims/christains would be able to live without fear... doesn't work the other way around though

Latest Threads