The Financial Genius that is Russell Crowe

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crowe announced his solution to the US financial crisis during a TV interview with Jay Leno on Monday:

"I have been intently watching the political process.

Um, so, here's the thing: They're looking for $700 billion, right? Which is a good chunk of change, but have you noticed whenever you go to a bank, or whenever you talk to a government department about what you need, they'll never actually give you all of what you need? So, I don't think we should do that for a start.

"But I was thinking if they wanna stimulate the economy, get people spending, let people look after their ... mortgage.

"I think you take the first 300 million Americans, if that's the population at this point in time, give everyone a million bucks.''

Crowe's idea to make every American a millionaire drove the audience into raptures and made Joe Sixpack very happy indeed.

Trouble is that actually comes to $300 Trillion - greater than the US's annual Gross Domestic Product.

Stick to the day job, Russsell.
  2. To be fair he is a Kiwi, so I don't it's his maths.

It sounds more like he's forgot that the yanks don't use the old imperial measure of a 'million millions is a billion' but use 1000 million = 1 Billion instead. :lol:
  3. Clearly didn't use method acting for 'A Beautiful Mind' then. :D