The final nail in Bliars coffin?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CrapSpy, Apr 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That was good to read as at least it gives you a bit of perspective compared to the "extracts" that some of the newspapers have been quoting.

The second paragraph in the summary clearly states that a second resolution would be required...

This is a bit different to the sinking of the Belgrano!

2. No it doesn't. It says that he is of the opinion that the safest legal position would be to obtain a second resolution, but he also goes onto to say that a case for action without the resolution could be made.

Nowhere in this document does it say that action is illegal. In fact he states that a case could be made either way and ultimatley it would be up to a court to decide (he also goes onto question how it would get to court, which court and who would be prosecuting who).

However, I still agree with the original post. There is a distinct lack of WMD and 45 mins mentioned in this paper!

3. Did I mention the word illegal? I don't think I did!

Your re-hash is almost as good as that of TCB himself; thanks for that. As I said, it clearly suggests a second resolution is needed.

4. Now you have changed your statement to "clearly suggests" from "clearly states". There is a big difference. At least my re-hash was accurate! I banged on about legality because if he had "clearly stated" that a second resolution was required the action would, by default, have been illegal. Did you actually read the paper or just scan the summary?

5. 23C

23C Clanker

6. :lol:

Genius...

BTW Gonzo I did read it, whether I say states/suggests; the point is they did not get a second resolution, we were not told about that caveat, or in fact of any caveats: the guy should be impeached.

7. Agreed.

8. Before we all lose heart, just remember the first reaction of the red-tabbed grown ups when the invasion of Iraq was first mooted.

Yes Bluppet drove a coach and four through common sense and historical precedent, but remember......

There are still wise heads out there.

9. Was it a legal order? Yes - OK No problems lets go and invade. No it ain't a legal order then Admiral Sir ? Boyce ?CDS at the time - it's him but what title it is escapes me. So do we arrest Gen Sir Mike? Or do I go to Gaol 'for prosecuting an aggressive war'. Scary thought and I'm too old for HM security nonsense!!

10. Related News story

11. Has the clip been removed?

censorship.....

:evil: