The Final Boot Countdown (Altberg Aqua VS Lowa Combat)

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Wheats, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there!

I've been in the market for a new pair of boots for a few months now, and throwing back and forth reviews, opinions and specs, i've narrowed my choice down to two boots.

The famous ally Lowa Combat GTX boots OR Altberg Warrior Aqua.

I'd like to know your opinions and experiences on these two boots.

In Addition: If you can top any of these boots with any of your other experiences, then please let me know!

2. Oh another boot thread...
  3. I know it's another boot thread, I must've looked through a good 80% of the existing ones and I can't find a good enough decider for Altberg VS Lowa, so i thought i'd create a personalized thread for it.
  4. Wouldn't you be better going in a shop and trying them on?
  5. I suppose I would, it'd be a rather long journey to the closest shop that sells them both but it's worth a shot!
  6. Don't get Goretex. Just get either the Mega Camp from Lowa or the normal Warriors.

Never used the Combats but I do have a pair of non-GTX warriors and they're quality boots. Really comfortable. Altberg's microlite soles will wear down quicker than the Lowas, but you can get them resoled. As Jarrod said, try them both on and decide then. Lowas are a bit heavier per boot I think.
  7. Just letting you know that I've ordered altberg warriors. I'll let you know how they serve!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)