The Few, the Proud, the Bad

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by alib, May 2, 2008.

?
  1. The scum of the earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boy Scouts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Phil Carter on a interesting aspect of The Cousins letting so many class fours enlist.

2. Unfortunately, the only alternative to this is...the draft. Politically unpopular in US I think.

3. If the scum of the earth were good enough for Wellington, they're good enough for me.

4. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Four for Four so far. If someone has never been in a scuffle at school or been cautioned for for using "intemperate" language what use is he going to be when it comes to cutting an insurgent in half with a machine gun?

5. It,s worth remembering, "Scum always floats to the top".

Thompson.........Is this my Bar Bill?.......Christ!.

6. In politics, yes, but the military?

7. The organisation they are joining is bigger and harder than they are and one of them has to break.

I think the Army has a bit of historical experiance in dealing with scumbags who dont want to 'get with the program'. Make 'em or break 'em.

If we just let the goody two shoes in, we would turn into the police force ffs. And we know how effective they tend to be. :roll:

8. I think you need a few boy scouts too, a lot of the scum are not as bright as they think they are.

9. And quite a few of the boy scouts arent exactly light bulbs either. :wink:

10. Some people go off the rails because they lack discipline, time in uniform may straighten then out.

11. Very true Yokel
    Time in uniform has sorted out many, and made silk purses out of sows droppings.
    john

12. Re my "Scum always floats to the top" this was said to Louis Mountbattern when he and his crew abandoned H.M.S Kelly as it sank, he recalled the quip and met the guy who said it to him on a T.V show some years ago, ergo, Yes, in the military too.

13. The boys from the Mersey and the Thames and the Tyne.

Scum of the Earth/Salt of the Earth. In times of National Need, one often begets the other!

14. Or they may end up as professional sadists ala die Schutzstaffel...

15. But they were disciplined sadists...