The Fall

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by vvaannmmaann, Jun 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone left a little confused and get the feeling we have been set up for a second series?
  2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I suppose the giveaway at the end of the first series was the caption 'To be continued..'
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

They've never been the same since Brix left.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. A "recording clash" meant I missed that vital piece,as my recording ended with the shot of the girl tied up on the floor at the top of the stairs.
    Thank you.
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Aye, it's been in the press a lot about the second series and how this has been so successful, etc. I wonder if the BBC will sell it to the Danes/Swedes.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ......a sentence which seems to have been pencilled into the Armistice agreement of 1918.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Is this The Fall with Gillian Anderson?
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hmm. Anybody know the real serial killer in the US that the Fall was based on? I read about it a while back and it is based on a true story of a family man who liked to torture, rape then murder his victims. Whilst taking the kids to school and giving his Missus a peck on the cheek on the way out the door.

At that point, I stopped watching the Fall because I found it ******* sick.

Anybody notice that series like this are mostly watched by birds, mine included. If you do not believe me, check the ads in the Fall, CSI Miami or any other gore-fest on the telly.
  9. Yes it is...... so it is :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Is that a poor attempt at a wah?
  11. Confused? Nope - I think I know whodunnit. A clue, beardy bloke with fat wife.
  12. I think that was the angle of this series. Unlike the recent crop of quite excellent continental fare 'who dunnit' cop shows, you know who the killer is from episode one. A variation on the Dexter theme.

The Beeb invested a considerable sum of our licence fee monies on it which on show was justified. Wonder if Slab offered special discount on the vehicle fuel used?