The Fall of another poster boy

Would plod bother knowing it would cause a rumpus?

Exrivofrigido

Old-Salt
I, obviously, don't know the guy - was he worthy of the role or a ticked box?
I do. Known him since he was a Gdsm, and one of the most impressive soldiers I’ve encountered - he was being talked about as future ‘badge’ ten years ago, on merit and nothing else. I have no idea what’s gone on here, but it’s desperately sad - I hope (as do many others) that it will turn out in due course that he isn’t caught up in this. I can’t imagine a bloke I’d think less likely to be up to anything dishonest.

Blogg

LE
"...working as the regiment’s Quartermaster Sergeant, in charge of supplies, at the time of his arrest."

Possible just wrong place wrong time and a procedural arrest. Time will tell.

I do. Known him since he was a Gdsm, and one of the most impressive soldiers I’ve encountered - he was being talked about as future ‘badge’ ten years ago, on merit and nothing else. I have no idea what’s gone on here, but it’s desperately sad - I hope (as do many others) that it will turn out in due course that he isn’t caught up in this. I can’t imagine a bloke I’d think less likely to be up to anything dishonest.
Is that you, Kirtland?

It’s the Sun, so take any reporting with a pinch of salt.

Questions will always be asked of the QM and RQMS when ammunition goes missing, it doesn’t make them guilty of anything.

Questions will always be asked of the QM and RQMS when ammunition goes missing, it doesn’t make them guilty of anything.
And often lost in the media frenzy is the quaint notion that he is, of course, innocent until proven guilty.

IMG-20210129-WA0003.jpg

It does seem to be only the Sun /Scottish Sun carrying the story in the UK but it is widely re-reported in various non UK publications which gives us...

...The delights of dodgy translations...

The first black soldier to reach the rank of Regimental Master Sergeant in the Queen’s elite bodyguard was arrested by Flying Squad on suspicion of stealing ammunition.​

Cartland Gil, the most senior enlisted soldier in the Coldstream Guards Rhagades, was attacked Thursday by firearms police and the Constitutional Corps.

It does seem to be only the Sun /Scottish Sun carrying the story in the UK but it is widely re-reported in various non UK publications which gives us...

...The delights of dodgy translations...

The first black soldier to reach the rank of Regimental Master Sergeant in the Queen’s elite bodyguard was arrested by Flying Squad on suspicion of stealing ammunition.​

Cartland Gil, the most senior enlisted soldier in the Coldstream Guards Rhagades, was attacked Thursday by firearms police and the Constitutional Corps.

images.jpeg

It could even be that they reported the issue!

I wonder if the RMP are involved or just informed.

It will be interesting to see if this gets to court, and SocMed pundits saying the usual 'I bet they won't report this on MSM/BBC', when inevitably they do!
It will be interesting.
Because I want to see the BBC reporting in an unbiased way.
Unfortunately, their track record isn't very good, along with most of the left wing media, when it comes to reporting certain stories.
Their reports on the BLM violence in Eire was virtually non existent.
But I will have no problem, and I will actually be very happy, admitting that I am wrong if this story doesn't go the way I think it will.

It will be interesting.
Because I want to see the BBC reporting in an unbiased way.
Unfortunately, their track record isn't very good, along with most of the left wing media, when it comes to reporting certain stories.
Their reports on the BLM violence in Eire was virtually non existent.
But I will have no problem, and I will actually be very happy, admitting that I am wrong if this story doesn't go the way I think it will.
Bollocks. HTH

Latest Threads