The failed bombing linked to Prince Charles investiture 50 years on

I see that pans to erect a plaque in memory of two failed bombers, dubbed the "Abergele Martyrs" have been given the cold shoulder by local councillors in North Wales

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the deaths of Alwyn Jones, 22, and George Taylor, 37, who were killed by their own home-made bomb on the day of Prince Charles’ investiture in Caernarfon.

Each year a parade is held through Abergele in their memory organised by Balchder Cymru (Pride of Wales), and among the banners on display is that of Mudiad Amddiffyn Cymru (Free Wales Movement), to which the two men were said to belong.

Though it is often claimed that the men were planning to blow up the Royal train as it passed the town , their inquest found their intention was to target Government buildings close to where the Abergele library now stands.
It made me wonder, Guido Fawkes excepted, where else on the British mainland are homegrown terrorists celebrated?

I see that pans to erect a plaque in memory of two failed bombers, dubbed the "Abergele Martyrs" have been given the cold shoulder by local councillors in North Wales

It made me wonder, Guido Fawkes excepted, where else on the British mainland are homegrown terrorists celebrated?
The Tolpuddle Martyrs perhaps? There’s a remembrance festival to the six held every July in Dorset. And in another vein, how about the Luddites?

1F492A4C-4E79-4CF1-8ECE-34C492C7916D.jpeg

Further to the events I referenced in the Peterloo thread.
Manchester is currently organising protest workshops to celebrate the bicentenary this year.

Of course - they're turning a blind eye to some inconvenient truths.

Many of the Peterloo protesters belonged to 'The Patriotic Union'.

Currently, there's a rather serious patriotic cause that is being undermined.

Best not to let the many be heard if it's not what the few want to hear.

Jeremy Corbyns house?

The Tolpuddle Martyrs perhaps? There’s a remembrance festival to the six held every July in Dorset. And in another vein, how about the Luddites?
Tolpuddle Martyrs - Wikipedia

How twisted would you be to describe joining a Union as Terrorism?
peterloo an act of state terror against the people

I think own-goal dead terrorists should be celebrated.

Martyr's Memorial Townhead? If you count Covenanters as terrorists. I suppose starting the Wars of the Three Kingdoms cycle was terror.

celebrated?
John Jenkins, who supplied the explosives to the pair obtained them by burgling a local colliery. He then hid them in the last place he thought the police would look which happened to be Kinmel Camp Barracks where he was serving at the time as a sergeant in the dental corps of The Royal Welch Fusiliers.

Clearly not the brightest of sparks Jenkins was rumbled when the ex-girlfriend of one of his bomber-colleagues saw him cantering about town in his dress uniform. He ended up serving 7 years of a ten-stretch. Not bad for someone that planned to kill the second in line to the throne.

Makes you wonder why, if he hated the royal family so much he joined an organisation which is headed by one of them.

Last edited:
John Jenkins, who supplied the explosives to the pair obtained them by burgling a local colliery. He then hid them in the last place he thought the police would look which happened to be Kinmel Camp Barracks where he was serving at the time as a sergeant in the dental corps of The Royal Welch Fusiliers.

Clearly not the brightest of sparks Jenkins was rumbled when the ex-girlfriend of one of his bomber-colleagues saw him cantering about town in his dress uniform. He ended up serving 7 years of a ten-stretch. Not bad for someone that planned to kill the second in line to the throne.

Makes you wonder why, if he hated the royal family so much he joined an organisation which is headed by one of them.
Probably joined in order to get the necessary training and skills in order to fight and train others.

Royal Marine recently jailed for terrorist offences was an example.

yes, lets puts our hand together.....

for those DIY bomb makers that can't
I treated a chap who'd blown himself up a bit while making his own 'fireworks'. He was missing a chunk of his face and a few fingers along with the bones from his remaining fingers. It looked like he had a small squid on the end of each arm.
It was hilarious, well it was (and still is) to me

[QUOTE="theoriginalphantom, post: 9169072, member: 7509"]I treated a chap who'd blown himself up a bit while making his own 'fireworks'. [/QUOTE]

fiver in the shirt pocket

Latest Threads